NBA Basketball - 2013/14 season

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The Heat were easy on the Lakers on Christmas. But at the same time, some of these young Lakers played with heart.

Man, I felt so depressed when Kobe went down last week. Now his reacclimation process will have to start all over when he gets back.

With Wade looking healthy, the Heat are really intimidating.

The Lakers somewhat remind me of how they were before Shaq went to play their and they had Nick Van Exel. Just a scrappy team.

If Wade is healthy in the playoffs they will be tough to beat. I really enjoy watching Wade and LeBron play off each other. It works so much better than their first season together when they basically took turns working with the ball.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, wasn't there a professional Basketball team somewhere in New York at one time?

Or did Patrick Ewing just play someplace else and I just remember wrong?

Wow, what a bad Christmas for round ball fans in the Empire state.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey, wasn't there a professional Basketball team somewhere in New York at one time?

Or did Patrick Ewing just play someplace else and I just remember wrong?

Wow, what a bad Christmas for round ball fans in the Empire state.

JKidd really should have waited before coaching. Nobody on Nets will take him seriously.

As for the Knicks... I bet they wish they kept Lin.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The Lakers somewhat remind me of how they were before Shaq went to play their and they had Nick Van Exel. Just a scrappy team.

If Wade is healthy in the playoffs they will be tough to beat. I really enjoy watching Wade and LeBron play off each other. It works so much better than their first season together when they basically took turns working with the ball.

Spoelstra is showing signs of growing a brain. Dating a 24 year-old hottie usually nullifies this but.... Anyway, the plan of resting Wade seems to be paying dividends. Shooting 54% from the field this year and he's in constant attack mode. Flash seems to be back, Haslem's minutes are being reduced and Beasley is learning how to defend. So much so that he was in the rotation at the end of the Atlanta game. Let's see how they look against Portland tomorrow night.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of Houston...

Harden's stat line last night.
27 points

2/9 from the Field
22/25 FT's

Think about that for a second. He only made 2 field goals.

I've always looked at Harden as a fake superstar. Manufactured.

I mainly believe that because his lateral movement is limited. He is just getting phantom calls left and right. It's ridiculous.

The Grizzlies were robbed last night.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Spoelstra is showing signs of growing a brain. Dating a 24 year-old hottie usually nullifies this but.... Anyway, the plan of resting Wade seems to be paying dividends. Shooting 54% from the field this year and he's in constant attack mode. Flash seems to be back, Haslem's minutes are being reduced and Beasley is learning how to defend. So much so that he was in the rotation at the end of the Atlanta game. Let's see how they look against Portland tomorrow night.

I really think Beasley is going to make a difference in the playoffs for the Heat. Wade being healthy is still priority but Beasley and hopefully Oden will help.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of Houston...

Harden's stat line last night.
27 points

2/9 from the Field
22/25 FT's

Think about that for a second. He only made 2 field goals.

I've always looked at Harden as a fake superstar. Manufactured.

I mainly believe that because his lateral movement is limited. He is just getting phantom calls left and right. It's ridiculous.

The Grizzlies were robbed last night.

Harden certainly can't play defense. He'll never be considered in the same class as Kobe or Wade if he can't play good defense.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
A healthy Wade is a top 5 player.

I agree. I just think having Beasley playing well will be a nice bonus. Keeping Wade healthy is top priority, second is trying to keep Lebron's minutes down and third is incorporating Beasley then Oden into the lineup. That's how you see it anyway.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I just think having Beasley playing well will be a nice bonus. Keeping Wade healthy is top priority, second is trying to keep Lebron's minutes down and third is incorporating Beasley then Oden into the lineup. That's how you see it anyway.

Couldn't agree more. Sounds like a good recipe for a three-peat. I hope Spo is a WP user and stumbles across this thread.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what's going on with Bynum. He got suspended indefinitely for "conduct detrimental to the team", but Cavs organization isn't commenting.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what's going on with Bynum. He got suspended indefinitely for "conduct detrimental to the team", but Cavs organization isn't commenting.

He's not a basketball lover. It's just a job to him.

Combine that with a lot of pain and you and you end up with a guy that's not very motivated. Especially if there isn't a chance for a title.

I wwouldn'tbe surprised if he was refusing to practice and wanted his minutes cut down even more. He's scared about possible injury.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
He's not a basketball lover. It's just a job to him.

Combine that with a lot of pain and you and you end up with a guy that's not very motivated. Especially if there isn't a chance for a title.

I wwouldn'tbe surprised if he was refusing to practice and wanted his minutes cut down even more. He's scared about possible injury.

I saw an article while browsing on Lumia at Starbucks about an hour ago that says he's too immature for the NBA. My friend commented that LeBron was more mature right out of high school.

If Bynum is stlll immature now, he's never going to grow up enough to be a successful NBA player.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I saw an article while browsing on Lumia at Starbucks about an hour ago that says he's too immature for the NBA. My friend commented that LeBron was more mature right out of high school.

If Bynum is stlll immature now, he's never going to grow up enough to be a successful NBA player.

I don't think it's maturity. A lot of immature players had successful careers. Look at JR Smith or Dennis Rodman.

But even when he was going well in LA, he didn't love basketball. He just happens to be 7'+ with talent, so he did it because it earns him millions of dollars compared to any normal job. He's also a competitor, so he did gain satisfaction from competing for a championship.

Now, he's not competing for a ring. He already has 2.

His knees are shot, and to continue means putting up with pain and discomfort. There's also a worry about how this will affect his life after basketball.

And the question comes up... "Is it worth it?"

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to derail the Andrew Bynum story, but Chris Bosh scored 37 on the Trailblazers last night. Not bad for the one who gets criticized all the time for not doing enough.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I always thought Bosh was underrated.

I agree. He takes a lot of criticism because his numbers aren't what they were in Toronto, but not many stars talented enough to be a number one option would willingly settle for a role like Bosh. It says a lot about his attitude and perspective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea