NBA Basketball - 2013/14 season

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree. He takes a lot of criticism because his numbers aren't what they were in Toronto, but not many stars talented enough to be a number one option would willingly settle for a role like Bosh. It says a lot about his attitude and perspective.

So... kinda like the "anti-Dwight Howard"?

Spoken like a rejected Orlando Magic fan....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
On a side note, since I live in the midwest now, I am considering moving my team allegience in the NBA to a team closer to home. I do not have the deep seated love for the Magic that I have for my Bucs or the Gators. I have "kinda" followed them during basketball season, and just seem to not care as much if they win or lose. That and I am kinda wanting a team closer to home.

Can't do the Bulls. Much like the Cubs, they are so pushed around here my instinct is to not like them. Natural reaction, not my fault. How I am wired.

I have adopted the St. Louis Cards and Blues in Baseball and Hockey. No NBA option there.

That gives me 2 options:

Indiana and Milwaukee. I am kinda feeling like a bandwagon fan thinking about the Pacers, as they are a serious threat to the throne right now. But, the Bucks sure have a lot of available seats. Not to mention I kinda like the "Bucs-Bucks" connection in Football-Basketball.

Once I am in, I am all in. I will learn history, players, trivia, and assistant coaches. (I am still working on the Blues right now. They are actually a very interesting franchise.)

Thoughts??

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
On a side note, since I live in the midwest now, I am considering moving my team allegience in the NBA to a team closer to home. I do not have the deep seated love for the Magic that I have for my Bucs or the Gators. I have "kinda" followed them during basketball season, and just seem to not care as much if they win or lose. That and I am kinda wanting a team closer to home.

Can't do the Bulls. Much like the Cubs, they are so pushed around here my instinct is to not like them. Natural reaction, not my fault. How I am wired.

I have adopted the St. Louis Cards and Blues in Baseball and Hockey. No NBA option there.

That gives me 2 options:

Indiana and Milwaukee. I am kinda feeling like a bandwagon fan thinking about the Pacers, as they are a serious threat to the throne right now. But, the Bucks sure have a lot of available seats. Not to mention I kinda like the "Bucs-Bucks" connection in Football-Basketball.

Once I am in, I am all in. I will learn history, players, trivia, and assistant coaches. (I am still working on the Blues right now. They are actually a very interesting franchise.)

Thoughts??
Pacers are darned good.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

That gives me 2 options:

Thoughts??

Which team is closer? Don't be embarrassed to root for the Pacers. Right now I'd consider them a model franchise ( lucky too) with a good front office. Either the Bucks or Pacers would be a good team to root for, but the Bucks aren't going to see the same results in the playoffs anytime soon.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That gives me 2 options:

Thoughts??

As a die-hard Heat fan I can tell you the Pacers are an elite organization. There is no shame in being a fan, I have a healthy respect for them as being a good opponent.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So... kinda like the "anti-Dwight Howard"?

Spoken like a rejected Orlando Magic fan....

Just wanted to add that you shouldn't be too upset over Dwight Howard. I'm convinced he won't win a title in Houston. Howard isn't mentally tough enough to be the man when the pressure is on and James Harden refuses to play defense. If Harden learns to be a good defensive player it could happen, but he hasn't shown a willingness to work on that end yet.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Which team is closer? Don't be embarrassed to root for the Pacers. Right now I'd consider them a model franchise ( lucky too) with a good front office. Either the Bucks or Pacers would be a good team to root for, but the Bucks aren't going to see the same results in the playoffs anytime soon.

Pacers are a ton closer. I am only 70 miles from them, as my town sits right on the Ind/ILL border.

Liking it.... Will try on a couple of Pacer hats. Maybe see if I can find a Reggie Miller jersey.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add that you shouldn't be too upset over Dwight Howard. I'm convinced he won't win a title in Houston. Howard isn't mentally tough enough to be the man when the pressure is on and James Harden refuses to play defense. If Harden learns to be a good defensive player it could happen, but he hasn't shown a willingness to work on that end yet.

Ya know, I do think he is talented enough and works hard. He sure doesn't feel like a man driven though, huh?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The Bulls have been winning since they traded Lual Dang.

THAT makes zero sense, unless it was one of those "I do not want to be next" reactions from the rest of the players.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I do want something to click with the Nets. I hope that they continue this run and surprise everyone.

Just want someone in the East to click besides the top three.....

EDIT: Just checked, and I am a little behind the times. Toronto has joined the ranks of the winning records to bring it to 4 in the East.

Woo-Hoo.

HarisA1

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Playoff teams from east: Miami, Indiana, Toronto, Brooklyn, new York, Chicago, Atlanta. Maybe we'll see some surprises because Rondo is back on Friday. Also Melo and knicks will come through for the playoffs

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Playoff teams from east: Miami, Indiana, Toronto, Brooklyn, new York, Chicago, Atlanta. Maybe we'll see some surprises because Rondo is back on Friday. Also Melo and knicks will come through for the playoffs

In a 7 game series I don't see any team knocking off Miami or Indiana. We need Stern to do a re-alignment to have the Pacers in the West so we can have epic Finals. We'll take the Pelicans to compensate.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Its possible to bring a team from the east to the west? LOL

Happens all the time in all sports. The Indianapolis Colts used to play in the AFC East, the St.Louis Rams play in the NFC West. The Braves and Reds used to play in the NL West. The New Orleans Pelicans play in the Western Conference. I guess it's true that Americans aren't very good at geography.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Why the heck are Memphis and New Orleans in the Western Conference.

Yeah... I know.. It's to make them have the same amount of teams. But it's pretty much a joke.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Yeah... I know.. It's to make them have the same amount of teams. But it's pretty much a joke.

I so so wish Memphis was in the eastern conference. We would be a top seed every year.

Toronto and Memphis need to swap conferences.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I can understand Memphis because they used to be in Vancouver. That's about as West as it gets, but the Pelicans used to be the Charlotte Hornets. I don't get that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss