NBA Basketball - 2013/14 season

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I so so wish Memphis was in the eastern conference. We would be a top seed every year.

Toronto and Memphis need to swap conferences.

I'm replying now and you expect a scathing response from mase as well. The Grizzlies can calmly take the #3 seed and be eliminated in the semis by either the Pacers or Heat. Here endeth the lesson.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm replying now and you expect a scathing response from mase as well. The Grizzlies can calmly take the #3 seed and be eliminated in the semis by either the Pacers or Heat. Here endeth the lesson.

I'm a Heat fan, well DWade fan mostly. I'm a Memphis native, so I'm a fan.

IMO the Pacers wouldn't stand a chance against any of the top 5 Western teams in a title match.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Heat fan, well DWade fan mostly. I'm a Memphis native, so I'm a fan.

IMO the Pacers wouldn't stand a chance against any of the top 5 Western teams in a title match.

The Pacers could play with and probably beat any team in the west in a series except maybe the Thunder.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Nothing strange about that. The Bullets/Wizards always find a way to beat Miami.

Greg Oden playing is the important thing about that game. I'm glad to see him finally get to play. I'm slightly concerned about the Heat coasting right now, but I think they will tighten it up.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you seriously think the Pacers could beat the Spurs in a series? C'mon.

I can see the Thunder beating the Pacers, no doubt.

I do think the Pacers can beat the Spurs in a series. The Pacers are tall and very good on defense. The Spurs don't have a Lebron or Durant to make things happen at the end of the shot clock. Tony Parker is probably the best option they have at breaking down the defense, but he's not doing to be able to do it enough against the Pacers.

I think Miami is going to beat the Pacers so this discussion is hopefully irrelevant.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I do think the Pacers can beat the Spurs in a series. The Pacers are tall and very good on defense. The Spurs don't have a Lebron or Durant to make things happen at the end of the shot clock. Tony Parker is probably the best option they have at breaking down the defense, but he's not doing to be able to do it enough against the Pacers.

I think Miami is going to beat the Pacers so this discussion is hopefully irrelevant.

That's exactly it, the Spurs system doesn't depend on one player. They don't need a Lebron or Durant. The Spurs pick and roll system is only reliant on an open man.

I see the Heat beating the Pacers too. Cheers.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not the best 360 I've seen but still so good.

[video=youtube;1aMs6khRYPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1aMs6khRYPM[/video]

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Eastern conference now has 3 teams (Ind, Miami, Atlanta) with winning records and 3 teams (Chicago, Toronto, Washington) at .500. Signs of a pulse from these teams.

By the way, when did Washington start playing well? I completely missed them as a decent team.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one impressed by the way Kevin Durant is playing? Since Westbrook went out KD has been playing out of this world! I think the Thunder will be in the Finals this year and could possibly win it.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I had an interesting thought while watching the Heat and Lakers tonight. The Heat have been struggling with injuries and have had their second best player out for 12 games this season but they're only 3 games behind the Packers even though the Pacers are going all out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa