NBA Basketball - 2013/14 season

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think Bynum has attitude problems, but Indiana is a good fit for him. Similar to the Heat with Oden, they don't need him to win right now, so he can take his time and recover and get in shape. It's a high reward low risk move for the Pacers.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
In other news the Thunder without Westbrook spanked the Heat, have the best record in the league and got their winning streak snapped by the Wizards. As a Heat fan I'm worried about the Pacers, but the Thunder are scary.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The Heat are in the middle of an identity crisis. Spoelstra's trying to figure out a rotation and he doesn't have a clue.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The Heat are in the middle of an identity crisis. Spoelstra's trying to figure out a rotation and he doesn't have a clue.

It's tough having a consistent rotation when one of the best players can't play every night, other players are injured and others aren't making shots like they should. If Wade can play regularly now things should settle out, plus their intensity level should be better after the spanking by the Thunder.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I know I have brought this up before, but I still find it strange so many people do not want to give Spoelstra any credit at all. I know it is a deep talented team, but the man has proven to be a good prep of that talent and usually has them playing their best B-Ball when it matters the most.

There were coaches who couldn't win with great talent and good rosters built around Jordan, Chamberlin, or Magic. He should get somewhat of a pass as they struggle as he figures it out.He has proven he can win.

*cowers a little, waiting for fatclue to slap him down*

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I know I have brought this up before, but I still find it strange so many people do not want to give Spoelstra any credit at all. I know it is a deep talented team, but the man has proven to be a good prep of that talent and usually has them playing their best B-Ball when it matters the most.

There were coaches who couldn't win with great talent and good rosters built around Jordan, Chamberlin, or Magic. He should get somewhat of a pass as they struggle as he figures it out.He has proven he can win.

Totally agree. Spo is one of the best coaches in the league. He's taken a totally non-traditional roster and built one of the league's best offenses and developed a defensive plan that is very unorthodox but quite effective. I don't know how this season will end, but so far this team has been quite successful.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

C'mon man! You're the last person here I'd ever smack down. Except the mods of course. But seriously, Spo is a very talented X's and O's kind of guy but he doesn't develop his game planning around the talent he has. He keeps trying to get his players to buy into his schemes because that's what his benefactor taught him. When Riley had Zo, Hardaway & PJ Brown it was all about defense and the half-court because that's what they were good at. Remember Showtime?

I'll give you a better example. Coach Shula had smash-mouth teams in the 70's with Csonka, Kiick and the rest. Griese only had like 7 completions in SB VIII when they crushed Minnesota's will. Fast forward to the 80's and it was the Marino & the Marks Brothers air show. HOF coaches like Shula & Riley win by using their players strengths and maximizing them. Can you imagine Majic Johnson & James Worthy playing on this Heat team with this offense?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think Spo has planned around the talent he has. The Heat are a very oddly built team that works off the ability of one of the greatest players to ever play.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
C'mon man! You're the last person here I'd ever smack down. Except the mods of course. But seriously, Spo is a very talented X's and O's kind of guy but he doesn't develop his game planning around the talent he has. He keeps trying to get his players to buy into his schemes because that's what his benefactor taught him. When Riley had Zo, Hardaway & PJ Brown it was all about defense and the half-court because that's what they were good at. Remember Showtime?

I'll give you a better example. Coach Shula had smash-mouth teams in the 70's with Csonka, Kiick and the rest. Griese only had like 7 completions in SB VIII when they crushed Minnesota's will. Fast forward to the 80's and it was the Marino & the Marks Brothers air show. HOF coaches like Shula & Riley win by using their players strengths and maximizing them. Can you imagine Majic Johnson & James Worthy playing on this Heat team with this offense?

It really is all about me NOT getting abused, so I will just agree.

Right on, Clue!! GET HIM!!!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, the all star break is over so it's time to get this discussion going again. What are you guys excited about for the rest of the season? Being a Heat fan I'm very excited about the way Dwyane Wade has been playing lately. If he can stay healthy and keep this level of play going in the playoffs I don't see anyone beating them this year. It's also going to be interesting to see if the Heat can catch the Pacers. The Pacers have been playing hard all season and the Heat have been pretty much coasting, but the Heat are only a game and a half back. Last of all the mvp race should be interesting. KD had it, but his poor performance against the Heat with LeBron playing so well seems to have let LeBron back in the conversation.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Being a Lakers fan, I'm just excited to see some of these young guys play. See which are worth keeping.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Bazemore.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Being a Lakers fan, I'm just excited to see some of these young guys play. See which are worth keeping.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Bazemore.

I hate to say it, but I don't think the Lakers will do much besides develop young players until Kobe retires. After that I think they will be able to get back in it pretty quick.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I am waiting for this season to be over, and for the Lakers to get a great lottery pick. The new guys will come off their high being new Lakers, or they will get injured from being run into the ground by D'Antoni. And Kobe coming back will not help any. Just hope D'Antoni get the axe, and we can start fresh next season.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro