Alcohol tolerance.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's something that will vary based upon genetics, gender, body composition (mass), and usage patterns.

It is not something that can easily be compared between individuals.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That's why I hate laws regarding blood alcohol content... Different people handle it differently, but everyone gets compared to the weakest link.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Berty is correct.

If you were to stop drinking for a reasonable amount of time (say several years) your tolerance would slowly diminish. Once you start drinking again however your tolerance shoots right back to where it was very very quickly.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a really high tolerance. I wish it would go down. Several years is too long. I thought that by not drinking for a year it would go back to nothing and I could start again. Thanks for the info.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There is another point at which your tolerance to alcohol drops significantly. At around stage 4 of severe alcoholism a persons tolerance to alcohol will bottom out. You have probably seen these people before.

Heavy drinkers their whole life and then bam! They are falling down drunk after a beer or two. This is not a good thing however. Your body as basically given up producing the chemicals to combat the alcohol at this point. They also likely have already developed alcohol related health problems. This is also when it becomes very easy to alcohol poison yourself which itself can be fatal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos