What Was Missing?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Months and Months behind Samsung, HTC, Moto, etc. So I can wait and wait and wait or I could go get a Note 3 TODAY. I really do love the WP experience. I have no regrets about ditching my Galaxy S3 for the 928, but the screen is just too darn small. I am locked into Verizon, so AT&T isn't an option. I guess I should blame myself for thinking that this huge "Event" was going to have something, ANYTHING, for us Verizon customers. :unhappysweat:

I didn't expect anything on the 929 at the event. But I also didn't expect to find out that the rumored third week of November release date that The Verge, WPC, and @Evleaks all stated is BS. That's what gets me. This phone is out there and it exists. I've heard that it's still undergoing carrier testing with Verizon. Just get it out in 2013 and I'll be happy.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I know a few friends who are iPhone/Android users with their upgrade coming were looking forward to the next 92x that would launch with 8.1. They were disappointed and now reconsidering something else...too bad.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I know a few friends who are iPhone/Android users with their upgrade coming were looking forward to the next 92x that would launch with 8.1. They were disappointed and now reconsidering something else...too bad.

But... WP8.1 (aka Blue) hasn't launched yet. It's not expected until Spring 2014.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I guess i'm confused as to what 8.1 would bring to the table that would really change the hardware situation.

agreed, nothing was confirmed and there's no reason to believe hw would change. But we can expect something different in a successor, especially here in Canada where our Lumia options are very limited.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Off the top of my head I can't think of any particular 8.1 changes that will directly translate into a new hardware feature (the way GDR3 brought us 1080p and larger screens). That said, I absolutely expect new hardware to accompany the 8.1 release- and the 92x series would be a logical candidate given since the 920 will be approaching 18 months of age.

But who knows? Maybe there's no 920 successor coming until holiday 2013. Maybe the acquisition by MS will create a hiccup. Maybe they'll wait until they can create a cross-carrier flagship world-phone.

Amanda Dallas

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
:confused::confused:
flags_1.jpg

flags_1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss