Anybody interested in metal music?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone is a niche interest, and same with metal, and I was hoping maybe, just maybe, I could find someone that likes both. :)

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"Metal" is an amazingly wide category. I like some progressive metal bands... Opeth and Dream Theatre, for instance. I like Korpiklaani (folk metal) and Mortician (death metal). Love Anthrax (speed/thrash metal). Not a big fan of traditional "heavy metal" bands, though... like I effing hate Iron Maiden and Slayer.

So, to answer your question... some. :)

Catalin Esanu

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah! Rock on dude! I have 6,54Gb of metal on my 8X \m/
Death, Sepultura, classic rock... I recently found a band called Tuatha De Danann which is the band I've been listening to for two weeks:))

Last edited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Like the Harder Rock- lighter Metal....

I need my own catagory!!

Alter Bridge, Flyleaf, My Chemical Romance, and still stuck on 90's hard rock.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
"Metal" is an amazingly wide category. I like some progressive metal bands... Opeth and Dream Theatre, for instance. I like Korpiklaani (folk metal) and Mortician (death metal). Love Anthrax (speed/thrash metal). Not a big fan of traditional "heavy metal" bands, though... like I effing hate Iron Maiden and Slayer.

pretty much this. I do however like nu metal such as linkin park, British metal such as asking Alexandria, American metal like as i lay dying, winds of plague and devil wears prada ontop of this.

:)

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I am a metal head! I have seen Opeth live 3 times. Just saw Sabbath this summer. I have seen Megadeth a few times, was a big fan but not so much as of late.

Cynic, Testament, Nevermore, and Anthrax are a few more of my favorite metal bands.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

No love for Black Metal? D:

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'll just leave this here...

My old band - mercybrown.bandcamp.com

All female vocals. I wrote Lemons McNutt from start to finish.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I love beard metal like Red Fang (Check out their song Prehistoric Dog), and traditional metal (Metallica, etc). Also a fan of the old thrash metal like Anthrax. Recently been getting into some hard rock like Dead Sara, their lead singer has AWESOME vocals (Emily Armstrong). Their song Weatherman gets played like crazy on my 920.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Um... dunno. What are some black metal bands?
Umm some popular ones are:
Mayhem
Burzum
Immolation
Behemoth
Emperor

Ones I'm fond of are:
Infernal War
Skeletonwitch
Witchery
Black Witchery
Ketzer

I think the easiest way to explain black metal would be.. Its like death metal, but with more anger (usually) and its (usually) more intense.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I love beard metal like Red Fang (Check out their song Prehistoric Dog), and traditional metal (Metallica, etc). Also a fan of the old thrash metal like Anthrax. Recently been getting into some hard rock like Dead Sara, their lead singer has AWESOME vocals (Emily Armstrong). Their song Weatherman gets played like crazy on my 920.
Have you ever listened to Mercyful Fate? It's /actual/ Heavy Metal from the 80s, the vocalist.. His name escapes me, but the vocals are so good. Well, if you are okay with higher pitched vocals that is.

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I am a metal head! I have seen Opeth live 3 times. Just saw Sabbath this summer. I have seen Megadeth a few times, was a big fan but not so much as of late.

Cynic, Testament, Nevermore, and Anthrax are a few more of my favorite metal bands.

Wow I thought I was the only person to hear of Cynic.

Pantera, Sepultura, At the Gates, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Death, Cynic, Brujeria, Watch Them Die, Logical Nonsense (defunct but from my hometown), Hatebreed, White Zombie, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and the almighty Black Sabbath. Just a few of my favorites.

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Headbanger here \m/

Thrash, heavy (traditional) and power are my favorite subgenres. Sepultura, Iron Maiden, "until-AJFA" Metallica, Megadeth, Angra, Pantera, Black Sabbath...

Death metal is not exactly my cup of tea, but I love Death, especially its last two albums (Symbolic and TSOP), that present a more technical/progressive approach. Symbolic is just mind blowing. Chuck was a genius.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Headbanger here \m/

Thrash, heavy (traditional) and power are my favorite subgenres. Sepultura, Iron Maiden, "until-AJFA" Metallica, Megadeth, Angra, Pantera, Black Sabbath...

Death metal is not exactly my cup of tea, but I love Death, especially its last two albums (Symbolic and TSOP), that present a more technical/progressive approach. Symbolic is just mind blowing. Chuck was a genius.

Have you even listened to Dream Evil (heavy metal), Firewind (power/heavy),or Warbringer (aggressive thrash) by any chance? Whenever I go to listen to power, heavy, or thrash, those are my first choices. :) Warbringer is a recent band with the "retro" thrash metal style, worth looking into, I'd say. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo