So what really happened to webosnation?

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that webosnation was or is a sub site of mobile nations. But it is not updated anymore. I know that webos is literally dead.
Though a sad ending.

But it not the only one.. treocentral.com, visorcentral.com were also there and they are still accessible. Are there any more such mobile nations site. please comment

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you pretty much answered your own question. webOSnation has become quiet due to the fact that webOS devices are no longer being produced, and most members have moved on to different platforms.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It was my introduction to Mobile Nations. I had a Palm Pre Plus I loved.... except I coud not get web sites to load up on that cheap little processore they shoved in there. I pulled it out of retirement a few months back after my Samsung Focus S died to tied me over for a couple weeks, and had forgotten how much I loved WebOS.

Just a huge waste of a great OS.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Surprised we haven't seen anything of WebOS. Is it still open source?

LG bought it lock, stock, and 2 smoking barrels from HP for about half of what HP paid for it. There was no interest in an open sourced WebOS among developers, not with Tizen, Firefox OS and Ubuntu (did I spell that even close?) coming out.

LG has steadfast denied any rumur about using it in handsets, saying they are only doing Androids. Their intention was to use it as the interface of their smart appliances and TV's in the next few years.

What a waste.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss