Need Suggestion: Kind of processor I need for WP8 development

Jigswp8

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I am from India and I am looking for some help in buying a new laptop, on which i could do WP8 and W8 development.

I have filtered two models.

1. Ideapad Y510p : IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (IN)

It has Quad core processor i7-4700MQ, and supports intel VT-x and VT-x EPT, but not intel VT-d.

and NO touch screen.

2. Dell New Inspiron 15, 7000 Series : The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

It has dual core processior i7-4500U, and supports intel VT-x and VT-x EPT, but not intel VT-d.

and has Touch Screen.

My Questions:

1. Will dual core processor be good enough for running emulator sufficiently faster.

2. Do I need VT-d support processor ? or its optional for WP8 development.

3. Mostly Important, I want to use only virtual machines for development, so i will have atleast two VM running at any given time.

Please share your views, I would like to buy one, from which i can take maximum benefit.

Regards

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're probably going to get a different recommendation from everyone who responds to this thread.

As long as you meet the hardware/software requirements for the flavour of Visual Studio you're using, you'll be fine. Code development and running a simulator isn't going to be processor hungry. If you're writing apps that do use processing power, you'll be sideloading it onto your development device to test there.

4Gb RAM would be great, 8Gb would be smoother.

Just go for whatever is the best deal, most convenient to obtain, or one you just like the look of.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I personally think anything i7 will be sufficient for your purposes dual or quad.

More RAM is always better. Up to you if you want touch screen or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720