Dropbox vs Skydrive, which do you prefer ?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I use both but Skydrive gives 7 GB as opposed to Dropbox's 2 GB so I'd probably use it more.

Though I find Dropbox easier to use (probably because I've been using it for longer.)

How about you ?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as N_LaRue using Skydrive and NAS drive. Skydrive for MS Office documents for easy saving and syncing across various devices as well as some pictures I use for phone wallpaper. NAS drive has most of my media stuff like videos and most other pictures.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as N_LaRue using Skydrive and NAS drive. Skydrive for MS Office documents for easy saving and syncing across various devices as well as some pictures I use for phone wallpaper. NAS drive has most of my media stuff like videos and most other pictures.

Never heard of NAS drive...how is it different from Dropbox and Skydrive ?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 225 GB of sky drive and two more accounts with a total of 50 GB. I only use about 5 GB total SkyDrive. I use my home servers and NAS(s) for my cloud storage, but SkyDrive beats out all of the other services plus's it is on all the major OSs.

I love SkyDrive and have turned many people on to it, even IOS people. I also use it in the office with some of out clients.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of NAS drive...how is it different from Dropbox and Skydrive ?

NAS drive is Network Attached Storage. It is basically like a personal cloud storage device that connects to your router. It is pretty similar to Skydrive I guess. I can access the drive through an app on my WP and laptop as well as view the contents on my home PCs. I tend to store media stuff on there since I have way more storage space there.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use both, plus Box & Google Drive. One thing I don't like about Skydrive though is that if you send someone a link to download a file, in order for them to download it they must sign in to a Microsoft account (at least in certain cases, I normally use that feature for large files). I use one of the others for that, since signing in isn't required.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Skydrive, not that I have anything against DropBox per se, but Skydrive is integrated into every machine I use, no reason not to use it :D I can also Access it without clients through the web browser (I suppose it might be possible for DropBox too, but every time someone has told me to get something from dropbox, I havnt figured out how to do it without a client).

FCone

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I use Skydrive. I was a longtime Box user having gotten in on a free 50G promotion years ago.

Now with Skydrive being integrated with most of my devices I am paying for an extra 50G there.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
they're all just buckets waiting to be filled. all upload / download just as fast.

no preference as far as services.

mega.com gets the nod though for stickin it to the man.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
they're all just buckets waiting to be filled. all upload / download just as fast.

no preference as far as services.

mega.com gets the nod though for stickin it to the man.

I use Dropbox to share docs between my wife and I. Skydive you don't see shared docs in your skydive folder in documents. Only fix is to set up family room from a Windows phone. All my personal docs and pictures are on skydive

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Skydrive for a very long time. I have the grandfathered 25 GB of storage on Skydrive, and I recently exhausted that storage and bought an additional 20 GB. I pretty much run a Windows shop, so Skydrive's integration works great for me and what I do... I really have no reason to use Dropbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos