How color blind people see Windows Phone

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Most of us with normal vision enjoy the colors of the visible spectrum, while there are others who sees the world differently. If you were on their shoes, this is how you would see the accent colors on Windows Phone.

colors.jpg

Anomalous Trichromacy not shown.

Last edited:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This brings up an interesting question as to how the UI of Windows Phone compares to Android or IPhone for people with various vision disabilities. A web shop I worked for years ago really strived to build sites that were accessible for visually impaired users, sites that didn't use Ajax or Flash, so the screen readers could read the content of sites.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This seems more like a blindness to red.

There's three distinct types of colour blindness with variation within them. There are two listed there but there is also Monochromacy or 'total colour blindness' which is when people see like a black and white TV. The other two forms are more common.

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There's three distinct types of colour blindness with variation within them. There two listed there but there is also Monochromacy or 'total colour blindness' which is when people see like a black and white TV. The other two forms are more common.
To me, this is why High Contrast removes all colors outside apps, even on the lock screen.

Which is why it seems rather dumb in hindsight to allow lockscreen photos to stay there (which is what a lot of people on this forum, want, apparently.)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This disturbed me. How will I know if the colours I see on the the "normal vision" are actually normal lol

I've thought of that as well! My wife's brother is color blind. I don't know which type of colorblindness he has, but I do know that he cannot enjoy the vibrant colors of autumn leaves.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
As a red/green colorblind person, I really don't have a problem on the phone - but then my condition is moderate. There is a lot variability in degree. I do actually see red and green, its more differentiation among very light or very dark shades of brown and green as well as purple and blues. The overall tones in the environment can affect perception as well.

My biggest problem with color perception tends to be traffic lights at night. The green light appears more dirty white at night and will get lost in other lights.

I'm pretty much like everyone else, I would prefer more color selection within the themes. I can certainly see 21 different shades of tiles in the color selector, but looking at several of them individually, I couldn't tell you some of their "correct" colors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb