Most of us with normal vision enjoy the colors of the visible spectrum, while there are others who sees the world differently. If you were on their shoes, this is how you would see the accent colors on Windows Phone.

colors.jpg

Anomalous Trichromacy not shown.
    Last edited by omgitsnick; 01-08-2014 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Photo updated.
    11-11-2013 06:06 AM
    Well I wish God Bless All of those and they are able to enjoy the colours of this beautiful World.. :)
    11-11-2013 07:49 AM
    This seems more like a blindness to red.
    11-17-2013 02:20 AM
    This brings up an interesting question as to how the UI of Windows Phone compares to Android or IPhone for people with various vision disabilities. A web shop I worked for years ago really strived to build sites that were accessible for visually impaired users, sites that didn't use Ajax or Flash, so the screen readers could read the content of sites.
    xandros9 likes this.
    11-17-2013 10:32 PM
    This seems more like a blindness to red.
    There's three distinct types of colour blindness with variation within them. There are two listed there but there is also Monochromacy or 'total colour blindness' which is when people see like a black and white TV. The other two forms are more common.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 11-18-2013 at 04:29 AM.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    11-18-2013 03:58 AM
    Well I wish God Bless All of those and they are able to enjoy the colours of this beautiful World.. :)
    What exactly does that mean or have to do with the OP?
    11-18-2013 04:01 AM
    There's three distinct types of colour blindness with variation within them. There two listed there but there is also Monochromacy or 'total colour blindness' which is when people see like a black and white TV. The other two forms are more common.
    To me, this is why High Contrast removes all colors outside apps, even on the lock screen.

Which is why it seems rather dumb in hindsight to allow lockscreen photos to stay there (which is what a lot of people on this forum, want, apparently.)
    11-18-2013 04:23 AM
    Which is why it seems rather dumb in hindsight to allow lockscreen photos to stay there (which is what a lot of people on this forum, want, apparently.)
    I haven't seen that... I like the idea of glance but not lockscreen all the time.
    11-18-2013 04:30 AM
    Anyone tried this "See Better" app? Does it work for the color blind?
    See Better | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    12-19-2013 01:11 AM
    This disturbed me. How will I know if the colours I see on the the "normal vision" are actually normal lol
    01-07-2014 08:13 AM
    This disturbed me. How will I know if the colours I see on the the "normal vision" are actually normal lol
    I've thought of that as well! My wife's brother is color blind. I don't know which type of colorblindness he has, but I do know that he cannot enjoy the vibrant colors of autumn leaves.
    01-07-2014 08:47 AM
    For one, if you see that all have similar color then you're color blind, if you see the normal vision with reds and pinks and greens then you're normal.
    01-07-2014 08:55 AM
    Most of us with normal vision enjoy the colors of the visible spectrum, while there are others who sees the world differently. If you were on their shoes, this is how you would see the accent colors on Windows Phone.

Attachment 49343
    zune was the first thing i thought of
    01-07-2014 08:59 AM

Attachment 49343
    Did you make this?
    01-07-2014 08:59 AM
    Did you make this?
    I did.
    01-08-2014 12:10 AM
    I did.
    Thanks for making this!!
    01-08-2014 10:25 AM
    As a red/green colorblind person, I really don't have a problem on the phone - but then my condition is moderate. There is a lot variability in degree. I do actually see red and green, its more differentiation among very light or very dark shades of brown and green as well as purple and blues. The overall tones in the environment can affect perception as well.

My biggest problem with color perception tends to be traffic lights at night. The green light appears more dirty white at night and will get lost in other lights.

I'm pretty much like everyone else, I would prefer more color selection within the themes. I can certainly see 21 different shades of tiles in the color selector, but looking at several of them individually, I couldn't tell you some of their "correct" colors
    01-08-2014 10:47 AM