Hi all,

I got quite annoyed that google tried to force me into a google+ account each time I wanted to reach my youtube channel (I was registered with an ancient yahoo account). I desperately tried to delete my youtube account then, got somehow transferred to some google page, and had to delete myself there - it was not possible via the www.youtube.com page! So annyoing! What else will they try to forcefeed google+ to more people? I mean, not even facebook is as sneaky and pushy as google! (at least when I recently grudgingly registered to facebook, it was a non-sneaky registration, not "one wrong click and bang! Welcome to google+!)

In other words: I'm a bit more google free now. The only good reason for me to use google is when I search something and want to filter via date/time. (Hey, MS, are you listening? )

Goodbye, youtube, we had nice times together. Hello, vimeo!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-2013 12:51 PM
    I got rid of my Google account back in January when they first started integrating Google+ whether one wanted it or not. I've never uploaded anything to YouTube, just watched videos, so it didn't matter to me if I had a YouTube account or not.
    11-12-2013 12:57 PM
    I really hope Google never bought YouTube.. I also really hate this. Worst thing probably is, they're now gonna go around saying that Google+ has this many active users, when like most of them use YouTube only.

It's so frigging intrusive and annoying it's getting annoying, but there is no alternative for YouTube.
    11-12-2013 02:33 PM
    Google is standardizing on G+ for all their login needs. They're eventually going to do away with Google OAuth in favor of G+ logins. Even Feedly - who only uses Google as an account validation server - is going to switch to G+ login (of course, rumor has it they're also going to add FB and Twitter logins as options).

So yeah, once Feedly offers a different login, I'm nuking everything Google from space. With fire.
    11-12-2013 02:36 PM
    Good to hear I'm not alone with my opinion! It would be, I guess, slightly different on some google fan page.
    I wonder what people over at Android Central think of this?
    11-12-2013 02:48 PM
    Yeah I haven't liked the direction youtube has been going down for a while thanks to google. I mean look at the debacle that is the new comments section. I believe even one of the early youtube founders called them out on it. I'm tempted to dump my youtube account and just watch not signed in, but i want to give the content creators I'm subbed to the likes they deserve.

Then my only google account will be my uni email and rest assured, the second I'm done with my course I'm removing it from my devices.
    11-13-2013 12:44 AM