Wp8 keyboard

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I am the only one that can't write fast without a mistake. I came from android and I had swiftkey which had helped me a lot to type very fast with and without swipe ( wp8 should add this feature). Now I type very slowly because of many mistakes.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the WP8 keyboard over all thre Android ones available. I use swiftkey a lot and it's good, but for me not quite as good as the windows phone keyboard.

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I preferred the regular google keyboard from the market. Never had any problems with typing on android...

On WP though.. I feel that if I type slow, I actually make more mistakes. If I type fast it seems the accuracy jumps a ton. So i just gun it whenever I type on my Lumia.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My only problem with the WP8 keyboard is that it doesn't have the sliding feature. I first used that with Swype on Android, then the stock Android keyboard got it, and now I use Swiftkey. Now I'm so used to it that I can hardly type on any keyboard that doesn't slide. That said, the WP keyboard is pretty good other than that. I don't find it any worse than Android's (without using the sliding feature) or iOS's keyboard.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have found that I have to type horizontally to be able to type with any speed. And I use my index fingers to type instead of my thumbs. I just can't type with my thumbs at all, haha.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I there any way to increase the prediction because some times it doesn't change some word I type wrong

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Its disappointing, very poor correction. Funny thing is, Microsoft has awesome auto correct function for MS office, why cant they apply on phones.. Stupid. And Blackberry in turn uses all those features of auto correct on their all phones..

Sent via tapatalk

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Whole internet says wp has the best keyboard

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

you are kidding right . I did a test to write 2 sentences without looking and in my old android phone I didn't do any mistake but in wp8 keyboard I couldn't understand what I wrote. And that's because of 3rd party keyboards and good predictions

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatal

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
you are kidding right . I did a test to write 2 sentences without looking and in my old android phone I didn't do any mistake but in wp8 keyboard I couldn't understand what I wrote. And that's because of 3rd party keyboards and good predictions

the speed I type with on WP is unmatchable by any android device. In addition to its amazing auto correct capabilities makes it without doubt the best keyboard I used. (I didn't try iPhone).

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site

because you had a OLD PHONE you had the habit of typing in it

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
because you had a OLD PHONE you had the habit of typing in it

I think you nailed it there with the habit, or what you're used to. That's probably more important for speed & accuracy than anything else. For example, I am used to using sliding keyboards. This makes it harder for me to type on one that isn't (WP & iOS). But I'm sure that some of you could type circles around me on a non-sliding keyboard,.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I think you nailed it there with the habit, or what you're used to. That's probably more important for speed & accuracy than anything else. For example, I am used to using sliding keyboards. This makes it harder for me to type on one that isn't (WP & iOS). But I'm sure that some of you could type circles around me on a non-sliding keyboard,.

because i was drunked last night and just woke up now.... Typo happens

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa