Wp8 keyboard

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
When I do a mistake sometimes I have to press the wrong word to correct it

Wut.....?
haha :)

I do hate how quick to change words some keyboards are....as in the iOS keyboard. One false move and Oregon becomes Orgasm... WP is more prone to leaving the word incorrect and easily spotted with the "incorrect line". Also, when it DOES auto change the word, I think its functioning to get the word back to the way you want it is the easiest process of them all.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
But if you are in the road and you want to write something fast with one hand then autocorrect is very useful. If you have android try fleksy for few days and then compare them

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Texting while driving just seems insane to me, but that's just my opinion.

WP8 keyboard is the best I've used yet on any mobile, I tend to just type the first few letters of a word and then use the suggestion bar.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It does improve as you use it I've found and it learns your typing style. I've just switched to a L925 today and it's not as "predictable" as my L820 was, but the 820 was poor a year ago too.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
But if you are in the road and you want to write something fast with one hand then autocorrect is very useful. If you have android try fleksy for few days and then compare them

Mate, honestly, you should either be banned from having a mobile phone or banned from driving. What gives you the right to place the priority of other people's lives below that of your Twitter status updates etc.? Do you have any idea of the devastation you are threatening to cause to other families when you could take away their loved ones so carelessly?

I hope you are just a fool who can be educated, otherwise you are simply evil.

Re. the keyboard, it's not bad but it suffers from the same issue as many spell checkers. For example, the common mistype of 'fro' instead of 'for' is never picked up. Honestly, there are few occasions when an obscure US contraction from the 1970s is going to be the obvious intent of the user. Especially when they do not have their phone set to American English. Lunacy is common place.

Last edited:

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
It does improve as you use it I've found and it learns your typing style. I've just switched to a L925 today and it's not as "predictable" as my L820 was, but the 820 was poor a year ago too.

ok thank you .i have my phone only 2 months so maybe that's the problem

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
On a different note, it is a shame that what the wp8 keyboard learns, isn't stored in your MS account but locally. You have to start over with each device.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

WP8 keyboard is the best I've used yet on any mobile, I tend to just type the first few letters of a word and then use the suggestion bar.

I didn't mean that I text while I am driving. I mean that I am texting when I walk or run . Sorry for my bad English

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Not just your opinion, it is also the law in a lot of places.

I didn't mean that I text while I am driving. I mean that I am texting when I walk or run . Sorry for my bad English

Ok, That is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG difference. At least when you are texting while running you are only going to hurt yourself. Keep yourself safe! Use the voice to text at least and come to a stop for review/corrections :) We care about you at WPCentral!

On a different note, it is a shame that what the wp8 keyboard learns, isn't stored in your MS account but locally. You have to start over with each device.

On one hand, sure...but on the other hand they do not have a way to delete just 1 word... So if you have a joint dictionary and added a word you commonly mistype and then had to delete your dictionary for ALLL your Windows devices, that would be bad.

I think the Joint SkyDrive Dictionary and also a list of all Learns are two additions that will need to be hand in hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss