Friends R switching

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Help! Two of my friends, both using a WP (Lumia 800 and Lumia 520), are considering getting a new phone this spring ish summer and they said they do not want a WP due the lack of apps... What can I do to convince them stay! (Obv with a new device). I tried asking what apps are missing and they just refuse to tell me (some stupid sites) however some are: YouTube, WeHartIt ...
Both will seek for Android. And I'd rather have them ending with iPhone other than Android.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like they have their minds made up. I would leave them be. If they think they know what they want, they probably won't be happy with anything else. And if they get WPs again or iPhones, they will blame you if they're not happy with them. What's it to you anyway? :confused: Why is iPhone better than Android?

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like they have their minds made up. I would leave them be. If they think they know what they want, they probably won't be happy with anything else. And if they get WPs again or iPhones, they will blame you if they're not happy with them. What's it to you anyway? :confused: Why is iPhone better than Android?
They want to ditch WP due to apps that's it.
I prefer Apple over Google because I simply hate Google. While iPhones are expensive, atleast you know you pay for quality. The only Androids I would consider are hTC's. Samsung has got ugly designs.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
They want to ditch WP due to apps that's it.

Well that's a valid enough reason; even the most passionate fans will admit that apps are one of WP's problems.

I prefer Apple over Google because I simply hate Google. While iPhones are expensive, atleast you know you pay for quality. The only Androids I would consider are hTC's. Samsung has got ugly designs.

That sounds like a personal opinion. It's perfectly fine for you to feel that way, but I wouldn't be too quick to push it on others. Plenty of users are happy with Samsung & Android. If time proves that you're correct and your friends are wrong, they'll be back!

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well that's a valid enough reason; even the most passionate fans will admit that apps are one of WP's problems.

That sounds like a personal opinion. It's perfectly fine for you to feel that way, but I wouldn't be too quick to push it on others. Plenty of users are happy with Samsung & Android. If time proves that you're correct and your friends are wrong, they'll be back!

I myself experience the need of some apps (4 instances hot games, facebook app, path). But I've learnt that patience is a virtue. Damn

I'm really trying to persuade people in buying a WP. It just won't take off. People laugh at my outlook account. "You're the only one having that haha"

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I say: let them. Some of my friends too think that it is important to have an app for everything, even if it is just a frame to display a mobile website... There's nothing you can do... A friend of mine switched from WP to iPhone and will now switch back to the 1520, because he misses live tiles...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think you are a fine ambassador of WP, and it is taking off. WP sales are improving every quarter. Our fav OS will be around for a long time.

As for your friends, the best thing that could happen is what @leo74 posted. How much do you want to bet after a time your friends start the "yeah, but I miss how smooth and seamless WP was!!" type comments.

Outlook rocks. Next time someone laughs, just ask them how much they enjoy their GMail account. When they respond, let them know everyone else enjoys it as well. When they ask what you mean, just smile and let them know it isn't like Google is selling their info to just anyone, just anyone willing to pay.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Help! Two of my friends, both using a WP (Lumia 800 and Lumia 520), are considering getting a new phone this spring ish summer and they said they do not want a WP due the lack of apps... What can I do to convince them stay! (Obv with a new device). I tried asking what apps are missing and they just refuse to tell me (some stupid sites) however some are: YouTube, WeHartIt ...
Both will seek for Android. And I'd rather have them ending with iPhone other than Android.

If your friends buy a different brand of bike than you, you're still going to ride with them, aren't you ?

Different brand of car ?

House from a different builder ?

It's -just- a phone. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss