I'm in a position to upgrade now and have been offered a decent enough deal on a Lumia 1020 on EE in the UK.

Going on their double speed (60mb) 4G tariffs with unlimited minutes and text messages and unlimited international calls and messages I can opt for 4gb of data for 38 a month with a free handset or 10gb of data for 38 a month and pay 60 up-front for the handset. Both on 2 year contracts.

At the moment i'm only really using <1gb of data a month by browsing the web and watching the odd youtube clip. I would likely want to watch a few more videos and download more apps etc. For the extra 60 is it worth going for 6gb more data do you guys think?
    11-19-2013 12:02 PM
    That 60 gives you an extra 6GB for the same price every month so it's a pretty good deal. I'm a Blackberry Z10 user, I have 4GB split between 2 phones per month and I've never gone over. Myself, I'd fork over the extra cash to secure that data. Who knows, maybe you'll start using it up.
    11-20-2013 01:28 AM
    I guess it's only 2.50 a month extra effectively for the increased 6gb... Tricky one to guess, since I have no idea how much I'm likely to burn through on 4G!
    11-20-2013 07:19 AM
    I own a EE L920. I hate EE for their late update for my L920. They don't seem to support WP very well.

I bought my phone and unlocked it. I use it on Virgin for 15/m (SIM only) with unlimited everything. It's not 4G but Virgin will be getting it soon. I can't be bothered with contracts.
    11-20-2013 07:34 AM
    Do you know how much data do you get through a month?
    11-20-2013 08:04 AM
    Do you know how much data do you get through a month?
    Well I've been streaming Nokia Radio ever since I upgraded to my latest tariff. So far my data sense says I'm over 1.22GB in the last 30 days. I've been pretty reckless with my data because I have no limits but it seems it doesn't go much over 1GB. Still I like the flexibility of having large amounts of data. :) I don't mind that it's 3G. I do use WiFi at home and that's over 1.2GB as well.
    11-20-2013 08:20 AM
    So no where near the 4gb limit I'd have... I'm just unsure if by being on 4G i'm going to burn through more as things are going to automatically stream in higher quality.

The only thing I could see me doing is tethering to a tablet once in a blue moon, for example if I did a long train journey. Anywhere else and I'd guess my tablet would have WiFi.
    11-20-2013 08:27 AM
    So no where near the 4gb limit I'd have... I'm just unsure if by being on 4G i'm going to burn through more as things are going to automatically stream in higher quality.
    I'm not sure if things will be in better quality or not simply because you use 4G. I'd assume the option would be there if you want the higher quality.

It really comes down to how different you plan to use your phone if there's a higher data limit. I'm actually trying to use more and not succeeding much. LOL! I haven't done much video watching as I simply can't on my journey and I don't plan to download torrents or other large files.

The only thing I could see me doing is tethering to a tablet once in a blue moon, for example if I did a long train journey. Anywhere else and I'd guess my tablet would have WiFi.
    Sorry for the sarcasm but you get a good connection on train journeys?? It's a short trip for me to work and I lose connection every time. So many dead zones on the train line.
    11-20-2013 08:34 AM
    To be honest I reckon I'd end up trying to use it just becuase I can. At the moment I use 600mb a month and the only thing I consciously refrain from doing is downloading apps that are >2mb when not on WiFi and I don't really watch much YouTube or Netflix.

Not at all - You're probably right, I think trying to watch a film over Netflix on data connection during a train journey is a pipe dream!

I'm guessing that tething a tablet and simply browsing on Internet Explorer isn't going to use a vast amount of data? Assuming I don't start streaming videos though it....
    11-20-2013 09:13 AM
    To be honest I reckon I'd end up trying to use it just becuase I can. At the moment I use 600mb a month and the only thing I consciously refrain from doing is downloading apps that are >2mb when not on WiFi and I don't really watch much YouTube or Netflix.

Not at all - You're probably right, I think trying to watch a film over Netflix on data connection during a train journey is a pipe dream!

I'm guessing that tething a tablet and simply browsing on Internet Explorer isn't going to use a vast amount of data? Assuming I don't start streaming videos though it....
    General browsing shouldn't be too bad but depends on how well the website is optimized. I've found that some websites are pretty heavy with data even though they don't appear to be. Videos will always be a big thing with data until they can sort out how to streamline them and maintain quality. Still 4GB will probably be plenty. If you have Datasense (I assume you're getting a WP) then you can keep track.
    11-20-2013 09:22 AM
    I only have 1GB (HSPA) and after I reached the limit it's slowed down to 64kb/sec (unlimited) for ~20€/month (incl. 1000min+1000SMS within my country). Right now I'm testing 3 free months of 4G/LTE speed. Fortunately I got WiFi at home, so I only need to activate data when I'm out, otherwise I would be constantly grappling with the 64kb/sec....
    11-21-2013 01:02 AM
    Decided on 4gb in the end. Will see how it goes, general opinion seemed to be to use more than a few gigs you needed to be using it pretty intensively!

Cheers for the input all.
    11-23-2013 03:34 AM
    200mb lol, don't really need much because WiFi is almost everywhere
    11-23-2013 03:58 AM
    200mb lol, don't really need much because WiFi is almost everywhere
    I don't know about your WPs, but my Z10 uses almost that much per day. LOL
    11-23-2013 08:29 AM
    I have AT&T and have 5 GB data per month. I typically use around 3 GB.
    11-23-2013 01:02 PM
    My family has a 10GB monthly plan from at&t. I typically use 2-4 GB month. We have three other smartphones that use ~1 GB each.
    11-24-2013 02:39 PM
    300, ATT is kind of a rip off
    11-24-2013 02:50 PM
    I uses about 10gb pr month, but i stream music and Netflix - but luckily the price is 8 for 25gb, free SMS and talk (in Denmark). Now I better understand why it is so hard to find a podcast app that can download on 3g/4g

Sent from Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    11-24-2013 03:18 PM
    I don't know about your WPs, but my Z10 uses almost that much per day. LOL
    I don't really use cellular data network, but I've used about 15gb by WiFi this month.
    11-24-2013 07:35 PM
    On T-mobile I used under 2gb my HD7 with moderate to heavy cellular usage. On ATT I use over 3gb and I'm on WiFi 97% of the day.
    11-24-2013 07:47 PM