The "What if" moment

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
This is might be a bit off topic and controversial...*shrugs*
Use your imagination for this, don't take it too serious. Its fictional. :)

Imagine it is 2008, the iPhone had not announced, but still a rumour around the tech world. Android was a big flop after a few years in the market, so bad that the developers had to pull the plug of the operating system. RIM released a new BlackBerry OS that RIM claimed will hit Windows Mobile to its knees. Nokia had just released its latest flagship Symbian phone packed with 30 megapixel lens.

One day in May 2008, Steve Jobs approched Steve Ballmer and they talked about the future of mobile computing and the dawn of the smartphone age that flopped with Windows Mobile and Android. Steve showed Ballmer a prototype iPhone that had since a rumor which Ballmer took interest of it. After months of negotiating, both Apple and Microsoft agreed to release the iPhone at WWDC 2009 around June with Apple designing the hardware while Microsoft focued on the software with Scott Frostall
overseeing the progress.

So, in the end, what would happen after the WWDC 2009 keynote where Steve revealed the iPhone?
Will it be a flop or something else?

Last edited:

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how Microsoft (assuming they have the Metro concept in mind at this alternative universe) will come up an interface for the operating system and what's the name of the Operating System? iWindows OS?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
while i believe they can work together, i dont think Jobs would consider working with Microsoft because of their history with design in Windows Mobile.
now if Windows Phone was on the table, maybe, but i do remember Jobs proclaiming how doing everything yourself is a great way to get things done.

if marketed right, it will be successful almost regardless i feel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12