Found this article from 2009 on WPCentral..memories..

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Back when WPCentral was still called WMExperts. And Phil was still writing here.

Aw yiss.

I kind of wish I was born a few years earlier, so I could at least have caught up on WM, Symbian ("S60!", I hear hardcore fans say.), and BlackBerry.

Do I sound old?

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Back when WPCentral was still called WMExperts. And Phil was still writing here.

Aw yiss.

I kind of wish I was born a few years earlier, so I could at least have caught up on WM, Symbian ("S60!", I hear hardcore fans say.), and BlackBerry.

Do I sound old?

and another question are you south African by any chance?? You said yiss ?? :p

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I went back and listened to some of the original podcasts (circa 2008), I was thrown by some weirdo that sounded like Daniel Rubino saying he was someone else...haha

They went by screen names at the time and Daniel was "Malatesta".

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
have you never owned a Symbian phone ? =D
I had a couple Symbian devices back in the day. I've never even played with a Windows Mobile device, though. The only thing I know about Windows Mobile is the Samsung Jack is a Windows Mobile device. Ozzy Osbourne did a commercial for the Samsung Jack, and my mother's neighbour still uses a Samsung Jack.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I first joined this site in December 2009 but didn't really start frequenting it until 2010. Every now and then I did stumble on an article from back then though.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I first joined this site in December 2009 but didn't really start frequenting it until 2010. Every now and then I did stumble on an article from back then though.

Similar, I started to browse the site in 2010 when Windows Phone was releasing, I just lurked for a year though and realized this one place had the answer to all my questions, finally joined July 2011.

I had a couple Symbian devices back in the day. I've never even played with a Windows Mobile device, though. The only thing I know about Windows Mobile is the Samsung Jack is a Windows Mobile device. Ozzy Osbourne did a commercial for the Samsung Jack, and my mother's neighbour still uses a Samsung Jack.

That was my first smartphone, the Samsung Blackjack II. I guess depending on where you lived the Blackjack II was either the same thing as the Jack or a generation ahead, haha. Samsungs 616 and 636 are both nicknamed Jack (616 was Canada only).

I sold that phone for $50 to help buy my Samsung Focus for $100 on contract!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Geez.... honest, 2009 was not THAT long ago!!

Man, it is like we found the diary from the Titanic, or something....

I was still in Feature Phone world. Think I hit the Samsung Blackjack earlier in 2008, and it was so horrid a phone I ran back to simple cell phones. Then by 2009-ish, I used a hand-me-down BlackBerry Curve from my wife, and then on to the Palm Pre Plus.

I did not find WPC until 2010-ish. Joined the next year when I decided WP was too much fun.

Wow. Okay, 2009 was a little longer ago then I thought.

Nope. Don't remember this article.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much the same as everyone else one here. 2009, I was much of a lurker. I was more on XDA as Windows Mobile was much widely supported by developers there and I used to do ROMs and custom themes for my PDAs and share with the community. In 2010, when WP became a reality after that halt between WM6.1 and WM6.5, is when I started lurking more as we had those funny podcasts from Malatesta ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett