Paul walker died in car crash

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe they were in post production of the latest "Fast & Furious" movie, so unless there were additional scenes, at least we will have his last performance.

Fun series, and he really did work well as the "straight man" of the frnachise, kinda grounding the series as everyone else went over the top. I think he will be missed in that series.

Rest in Peace and God Bless. Keep his daughter in your prayers.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this is tragic news. There really wasn't much left of the car at all. Sad to see this happen.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow, did you also see that many other people who did much more for society also died? And yet not a peep from the media cause they weren't a "famous actor".

I will never understand this societies fascination with actors and athletes over doctors and soldiers. People who actually contribute to society something other than mindless "entertainment".

Also, there was another man in the car with him who also died, but he wasn't a "famous actor" so screw reporting his name....

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow, did you also see that many other people who did much more for society also died? And yet not a peep from the media cause they weren't a "famous actor".

I will never understand this societies fascination with actors and athletes over doctors and soldiers. People who actually contribute to society something other than mindless "entertainment".

Also, there was another man in the car with him who also died, but he wasn't a "famous actor" so screw reporting his name....

Funny, because I read about him as well in the story I saw on Sunday night. Roger Rodas was his name. I remember it.

It's not that it's a tragedy because Paul Walker was a famous actor. This is a tragedy because two people lost their lives in a horrific way and before their time. Not to mention that their families suffered horrible losses.

R.I.P. to both Paul and Roger.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Well ****, I hope nobody flinches when you die. God forbid we show compassion for somebody we grew up watching in the movies.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Funny, because I read about him as well in the story I saw on Sunday night. Roger Rodas was his name. I remember it.

It's not that it's a tragedy because Paul Walker was a famous actor. This is a tragedy because two people lost their lives in a horrific way and before their time. Not to mention that their families suffered horrible losses.

R.I.P. to both Paul and Roger.

I'm glad to hear that you heard about Roger right off the bat. I had to dig quite a bit to even find out his name.

If its not about him being famous, why is it everywhere all the time? Like I stated, many more deserving people die all the time and never rate a peep. It makes me sad that this is our society now.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Well ****, I hope nobody flinches when you die. God forbid we show compassion for somebody we grew up watching in the movies.

I'm sure the appropriate people that I have helped as a soldier, paramedic and teacher will be sorry when I go and I'm happy with that.

But what did this guy do other than entertain you in some movies to rate such a fuss? I'm certain he never gave a hoot about you so why would you care so deeply about him? I really am curious why you think such a way.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the appropriate people that I have helped as a soldier, paramedic and teacher will be sorry when I go and I'm happy with that.

But what did this guy do other than entertain you in some movies to rate such a fuss? I'm certain he never gave a hoot about you so why would you care so deeply about him? I really am curious why you think such a way.

Ahh okay I see where it is coming from. Somebody is jealous cause he isn't getting the attention that he thinks he deserves. That's the only reason I can find that would make you comment here, that and maybe attention. You are criticizing us for showing compassion for somebody who we enjoyed seeing in the movies we grew up with...

He didn't do anything but entertain me. He never gave a hoot about me, he doesn't even know me. Do I care deeply about him? Not so much, but I am quite upset over his death.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Ahh okay I see where it is coming from. Somebody is jealous cause he isn't getting the attention that he thinks he deserves. That's the only reason I can find that would make you comment here, that and maybe attention. You are criticizing us for showing compassion for somebody who we enjoyed seeing in the movies we grew up with...

He didn't do anything but entertain me. He never gave a hoot about me, he doesn't even know me. Do I care deeply about him? Not so much, but I am quite upset over his death.

He isn't presenting it very well, but dgr has a good point. Everyone has made his death more significant than it should be. Is it tragic? Yes. However, just because he is famous does not mean we should care so much about him. What about Roger Rogas? Of the floods of "rip paul walker" posts I've seen *everywhere*, no one has mentioned him. Don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for human life, and animal life too, but we should not dwell so much on the death of one man. Tom Clancy died about two months ago, and I was in tears. His novels have a special place in my heart, and they always will. However because it wasn't trendy to say "rip tom clancy" so few people did. Most people don't genuinely care, they just want to seem considerate. Talk is cheap. All these people saying "rip paul walker you will be in my prayers" are the same people that have stabbed me in the back, abandoned me at my lowest point in life, and caused endless agony. Most don't care about Paul Walker's death, but they do care about their image.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Lol, right to the personal attacks about me wanting some attention that I never asked for anywhere. If you care to actually read what I wrote I was criticizing societies obsession with actors. I was curious on what makes a person think that someone like this deserves this non-stop attention. I find it fascinating how people can care so much for people who do so little. If you could care to respond without the personal attacks I would be very interested in your explanation about why his death upsets you so much.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
He isn't presenting it very well, but dgr has a good point. Everyone has made his death more significant than it should be. Is it tragic? Yes. However, just because he is famous does not mean we should care so much about him. What about Roger Rogas? Of the floods of "rip paul walker" posts I've seen *everywhere*, no one has mentioned him. Don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for human life, and animal life too, but we should not dwell so much on the death of one man. Tom Clancy died about two months ago, and I was in tears. His novels have a special place in my heart, and they always will. However because it wasn't trendy to say "rip tom clancy" so few people did. Most people don't genuinely care, they just want to seem considerate. Talk is cheap. All these people saying "rip paul walker you will be in my prayers" are the same people that have stabbed me in the back, abandoned me at my lowest point in life, and caused endless agony. Most don't care about Paul Walker's death, but they do care about their image.

Much more eloquently put than I think I ever could.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Lol, right to the personal attacks about me wanting some attention that I never asked for anywhere. If you care to actually read what I wrote I was criticizing societies obsession with actors. I was curious on what makes a person think that someone like this deserves this non-stop attention. I find it fascinating how people can care so much for people who do so little. If you could care to respond without the personal attacks I would be very interested in your explanation about why his death upsets you so much.

Your stance is valid, Jack worded it perfectly, but to unprovokingly post something like that in a thread that was created in honor of somebody who we enjoyed seeing on the big screen is just dickish. If you wanted to create a thread about it then by all means I would have agreed with you but the way you had it worded was perceived as taking away from this poor man who has done you no harm. I am simply stating, there is a much better place to post your criticism than in a thread created to mourn a death and celebrate a life.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Your stance is valid, Jack worded it perfectly, but to unprovokingly post something like that in a thread that was created in honor of somebody who we enjoyed seeing on the big screen is just dickish. If you wanted to create a thread about it then by all means I would have agreed with you but the way you had it worded was perceived as taking away from this poor man who has done you no harm. I am simply stating, there is a much better place to post your criticism than in a thread created to mourn a death and celebrate a life.

fair enough response, thank you for your insight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte