12-05-2013 12:18 PM
28 12
tools
    Wow, you should see the wreckage. It's unbelievable!! Sad, wasn't even driving.
    11-30-2013 10:08 PM
    Made even worse that it happened during a charity event, according to CNN.
    11-30-2013 10:09 PM
    I found out an hour ago when I was doing my bing points ..... its just a bummer :/
    11-30-2013 11:03 PM
    I believe they were in post production of the latest "Fast & Furious" movie, so unless there were additional scenes, at least we will have his last performance.

Fun series, and he really did work well as the "straight man" of the frnachise, kinda grounding the series as everyone else went over the top. I think he will be missed in that series.

Rest in Peace and God Bless. Keep his daughter in your prayers.
    12-01-2013 05:07 PM
    Its always the asswipes that are left. RIP Paul.
    12-01-2013 07:41 PM
    I was pretty heartbroken:(
    12-02-2013 09:31 AM
    Yea, the sad part was he was burned to a crisp and need his teeth in order to identify him.
    12-02-2013 09:39 AM
    Yeah this is tragic news. There really wasn't much left of the car at all. Sad to see this happen.
    12-03-2013 02:08 AM
    Wow, did you also see that many other people who did much more for society also died? And yet not a peep from the media cause they weren't a "famous actor".

I will never understand this societies fascination with actors and athletes over doctors and soldiers. People who actually contribute to society something other than mindless "entertainment".

Also, there was another man in the car with him who also died, but he wasn't a "famous actor" so screw reporting his name....
    12-03-2013 07:09 PM
    Wow, did you also see that many other people who did much more for society also died? And yet not a peep from the media cause they weren't a "famous actor".

I will never understand this societies fascination with actors and athletes over doctors and soldiers. People who actually contribute to society something other than mindless "entertainment".

Also, there was another man in the car with him who also died, but he wasn't a "famous actor" so screw reporting his name....
    Funny, because I read about him as well in the story I saw on Sunday night. Roger Rodas was his name. I remember it.

It's not that it's a tragedy because Paul Walker was a famous actor. This is a tragedy because two people lost their lives in a horrific way and before their time. Not to mention that their families suffered horrible losses.

R.I.P. to both Paul and Roger.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-2013 09:54 PM

Well ****, I hope nobody flinches when you die. God forbid we show compassion for somebody we grew up watching in the movies.
    12-03-2013 10:14 PM
    Funny, because I read about him as well in the story I saw on Sunday night. Roger Rodas was his name. I remember it.

It's not that it's a tragedy because Paul Walker was a famous actor. This is a tragedy because two people lost their lives in a horrific way and before their time. Not to mention that their families suffered horrible losses.

R.I.P. to both Paul and Roger.
    I'm glad to hear that you heard about Roger right off the bat. I had to dig quite a bit to even find out his name.

If its not about him being famous, why is it everywhere all the time? Like I stated, many more deserving people die all the time and never rate a peep. It makes me sad that this is our society now.
    12-03-2013 10:23 PM
    Well ****, I hope nobody flinches when you die. God forbid we show compassion for somebody we grew up watching in the movies.
    I'm sure the appropriate people that I have helped as a soldier, paramedic and teacher will be sorry when I go and I'm happy with that.

But what did this guy do other than entertain you in some movies to rate such a fuss? I'm certain he never gave a hoot about you so why would you care so deeply about him? I really am curious why you think such a way.
    12-03-2013 10:27 PM
    I'm sure the appropriate people that I have helped as a soldier, paramedic and teacher will be sorry when I go and I'm happy with that.

But what did this guy do other than entertain you in some movies to rate such a fuss? I'm certain he never gave a hoot about you so why would you care so deeply about him? I really am curious why you think such a way.
    Ahh okay I see where it is coming from. Somebody is jealous cause he isn't getting the attention that he thinks he deserves. That's the only reason I can find that would make you comment here, that and maybe attention. You are criticizing us for showing compassion for somebody who we enjoyed seeing in the movies we grew up with...

He didn't do anything but entertain me. He never gave a hoot about me, he doesn't even know me. Do I care deeply about him? Not so much, but I am quite upset over his death.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-2013 10:37 PM
    Ahh okay I see where it is coming from. Somebody is jealous cause he isn't getting the attention that he thinks he deserves. That's the only reason I can find that would make you comment here, that and maybe attention. You are criticizing us for showing compassion for somebody who we enjoyed seeing in the movies we grew up with...

He didn't do anything but entertain me. He never gave a hoot about me, he doesn't even know me. Do I care deeply about him? Not so much, but I am quite upset over his death.
    He isn't presenting it very well, but dgr has a good point. Everyone has made his death more significant than it should be. Is it tragic? Yes. However, just because he is famous does not mean we should care so much about him. What about Roger Rogas? Of the floods of "rip paul walker" posts I've seen *everywhere*, no one has mentioned him. Don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for human life, and animal life too, but we should not dwell so much on the death of one man. Tom Clancy died about two months ago, and I was in tears. His novels have a special place in my heart, and they always will. However because it wasn't trendy to say "rip tom clancy" so few people did. Most people don't genuinely care, they just want to seem considerate. Talk is cheap. All these people saying "rip paul walker you will be in my prayers" are the same people that have stabbed me in the back, abandoned me at my lowest point in life, and caused endless agony. Most don't care about Paul Walker's death, but they do care about their image.
    12-03-2013 10:55 PM

Lol, right to the personal attacks about me wanting some attention that I never asked for anywhere. If you care to actually read what I wrote I was criticizing societies obsession with actors. I was curious on what makes a person think that someone like this deserves this non-stop attention. I find it fascinating how people can care so much for people who do so little. If you could care to respond without the personal attacks I would be very interested in your explanation about why his death upsets you so much.
    12-03-2013 10:58 PM
    He isn't presenting it very well, but dgr has a good point. Everyone has made his death more significant than it should be. Is it tragic? Yes. However, just because he is famous does not mean we should care so much about him. What about Roger Rogas? Of the floods of "rip paul walker" posts I've seen *everywhere*, no one has mentioned him. Don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for human life, and animal life too, but we should not dwell so much on the death of one man. Tom Clancy died about two months ago, and I was in tears. His novels have a special place in my heart, and they always will. However because it wasn't trendy to say "rip tom clancy" so few people did. Most people don't genuinely care, they just want to seem considerate. Talk is cheap. All these people saying "rip paul walker you will be in my prayers" are the same people that have stabbed me in the back, abandoned me at my lowest point in life, and caused endless agony. Most don't care about Paul Walker's death, but they do care about their image.
    Much more eloquently put than I think I ever could.
    12-03-2013 11:00 PM
    Lol, right to the personal attacks about me wanting some attention that I never asked for anywhere. If you care to actually read what I wrote I was criticizing societies obsession with actors. I was curious on what makes a person think that someone like this deserves this non-stop attention. I find it fascinating how people can care so much for people who do so little. If you could care to respond without the personal attacks I would be very interested in your explanation about why his death upsets you so much.
    Your stance is valid, Jack worded it perfectly, but to unprovokingly post something like that in a thread that was created in honor of somebody who we enjoyed seeing on the big screen is just dickish. If you wanted to create a thread about it then by all means I would have agreed with you but the way you had it worded was perceived as taking away from this poor man who has done you no harm. I am simply stating, there is a much better place to post your criticism than in a thread created to mourn a death and celebrate a life.
    12-03-2013 11:09 PM
    Your stance is valid, Jack worded it perfectly, but to unprovokingly post something like that in a thread that was created in honor of somebody who we enjoyed seeing on the big screen is just dickish. If you wanted to create a thread about it then by all means I would have agreed with you but the way you had it worded was perceived as taking away from this poor man who has done you no harm. I am simply stating, there is a much better place to post your criticism than in a thread created to mourn a death and celebrate a life.
    fair enough response, thank you for your insight.
    12-03-2013 11:22 PM
    fair enough response, thank you for your insight.
    I mistakenly saw your comments as insults to Paul so I stooped to personal insults, and for that I apologize.
    12-03-2013 11:30 PM
    Much more eloquently put than I think I ever could.
    Because Paul Walker made a difference to my life and I know him through his movie. Before I watched "Fast and Furious", I have absolutely no sympathy for illegal street racers. After watching a few of his movies, I understand more about their culture, their motivations etc. That's not to say that I have changed my views completely or anything, but I have changed. He has an impact on me. It is true that he don't know me, but I know him.

As for the other people who also contributed to the society, may they be a soldier or a doctor, they may not have an direct impact on me, or that I just don't know them.
    The sudden death of a man in his prime, whom I know, contributed to the sense of loss and realization of the frailty of my own life.
    In comparison, I feel less affected by the death of Roger Rogas, whom I do not know; or of Tom Clancy whose death was not that sudden or unexpected, since he was already 66.

And I find it impolite to belittle a man's honest occupation, especially in his death thread.
    I do not find an actor's job any less meaningful than that of a doctor or soldier or a teacher.
    Surely, you had read or heard of how a person saved another's life because he had watched so-so performing some first-aid in some movie.
    As a soldier, you would have known that movies are powerful tools in war-time.
    I am guessing that you have learnt something useful in the movies you have watched. I know I have learnt much from movies.

It is not impossible that a young child was inspired to become a soldier/doctor/teacher/para-medic because of a movie he watched.

How can you not be offended if someone writes "s/he is just a "---", get over it" in the death thread of someone whom you like or respect?
    12-03-2013 11:38 PM
    Because Paul Walker made a difference to my life and I know him through his movie. Before I watched "Fast and Furious", I have absolutely no sympathy for illegal street racers. After watching a few of his movies, I understand more about their culture, their motivations etc. That's not to say that I have changed my views completely or anything, but I have changed. He has an impact on me. It is true that he don't know me, but I know him.

As for the other people who also contributed to the society, may they be a soldier or a doctor, they may not have an direct impact on me, or that I just don't know them.
    The sudden death of a man in his prime, whom I know, contributed to the sense of loss and realization of the frailty of my own life.
    In comparison, I feel less affected by the death of Roger Rogas, whom I do not know; or of Tom Clancy whose death was not that sudden or unexpected, since he was already 66.

And I find it impolite to belittle a man's honest occupation, especially in his death thread.
    I do not find an actor's job any less meaningful than that of a doctor or soldier or a teacher.
    Surely, you had read or heard of how a person saved another's life because he had watched so-so performing some first-aid in some movie.
    As a soldier, you would have known that movies are powerful tools in war-time.
    I am guessing that you have learnt something useful in the movies you have watched. I know I have learnt much from movies.

It is not impossible that a young child was inspired to become a soldier/doctor/teacher/para-medic because of a movie he watched.

How can you not be offended if someone writes "s/he is just a "---", get over it" in the death thread of someone whom you like or respect?
    Wow, I don't even know where to begin. You honestly think that those movies have anything to do with real life street racing culture? Wow, just wow.

You can honestly say that an actor has just as much importance as
    The doctor that saves your life or the teacher who teaches children? I had no idea that someone who basically pretends to be something actually is worth as much as people who are actually out there doing something for real.

No I haven't learned much from movies, especially anything that comes out for mass consumption. Every now and then I can learn something from a documentary but it's few and far between. I much prefer to actually try ( and fail a lot) to do things in person. But I guess I could just read a few lines and pretend to be something and then I would actually be it in real life like actors do. I'm sure learning how to talk like a doctor on screen is just as hard as actually going to medical school.

I'm fine with people being motivated by movies but to believe that someone PRETENDING to be something is just as important as the people who actually PRACTICE being something is just insanity.
    12-03-2013 11:56 PM
    I'm fine with people being motivated by movies but to believe that someone PRETENDING to be something is just as important as the people who actually PRACTICE being something is just insanity.
    I am of the view that it is wrong to say that one job is more important than another; each serves a different role.
    We need or want all of them, hence they are equally important (in this respect).
    It is true that an actor cannot save even one life by pretending to be a doctor.
    But he can inspire many to become a doctor. These doctors will in turn save many lives.
    Can I claim that thus this actor is many more time important than any doctor?
    Not to me. They are serving different and equally important roles.
    Jack Janik likes this.
    12-04-2013 12:30 AM
    First what he said. /\

Hows about for the remainder of this thread we respect each other. If you don't agree with a persons opinion, well that has no place in this thread.

Lets all respect and honor the dead.

Paul Walker was a great actor beyond that I did not know him. In my life his contributions to movies will be missed. RIP PW
    12-04-2013 06:58 AM
    I'm glad to hear that you heard about Roger right off the bat. I had to dig quite a bit to even find out his name.

If its not about him being famous, why is it everywhere all the time? Like I stated, many more deserving people die all the time and never rate a peep. It makes me sad that this is our society now.
    From what I've read elsewhere, Roger was a race car driver or a retired one.

If you put on the news on basically any channel, you'll hear about ordinary, everyday people dying every single day. I personally choose NOT to watch the news because it's too depressing and often too sensationalized.

Also, I'll point out that I actually had no idea that Paul Walker had died until my best friend told me on Sunday night.
    12-04-2013 08:58 AM
28 12