Favorite decade of music

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just thought we'd have some little fun here and get some nostalgia going. Out of the four decades listed which is your favorite and why. I'll start and say the 2000s at least up to 2008 because it represents my high school and college years which arguably are the best years of one's life so any song from that era brings back those memories. For a sense of presence I'm only including the decades which I was alive and semi aware (1980s) in.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just thought we'd have some little fun here and get some nostalgia going. Out of the four decades listed which is your favorite and why. I'll start and say the 2000s at least up to 2008 because it represents my high school and college years which arguably are the best years of one's life so any song from that era brings back those memories. For a sense of presence I'm only including the decades which I was alive and semi aware (1980s) in.

Same for same reasons! lol

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
My high school years were in the 80's but I do not consider that to be my favorite musical period. Don't get me wrong, the 80's had a lot of good music but the 90's set a new bar for diversity and quality. I also expanded my own musical horizons as well durinfg that period.

Actually, right now is a really good time for music. Better than the 2000's.

One other thing: "it represents my high school and college years which arguably are the best years of one's life". Your may find that not to be true. At least it wasn't for me.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am in my favorite music right now. I think the hard-but-but-not-metal rock scene is amazing, just a great wave of good to great bands. It is great to be a music fan if you like slamming guitars.

I am voting for the 90's to be the worst, just by my standard. The music scene that exploded was original, but boy it was bland after the first couple years.

I grew up in the 80's. Sweet Mother was our music bad. But, it was fun and never took itself too seriously.

So Bad It Was Good.....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd actually say 60s, even though that was before my time. I listen to a lot of stuff, including current music (although mostly by current indie artists, not stuff that's played on FM radio), but I like 60s music the best.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll go with 60's and 70's due to my age. And also the fact that I don't listen to much new music except for artists from that era that put out new albums. For poll's sake, I went with 80's because it's probably the last time I paid any attention to current music.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Probably 90s for me. So many great British bands came on to the scene and made good music up until about 98 or 99 when the pop **** started to take over.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I was a teen in the 80s but I like music from pretty much all decades. I think the 80s is great simply because it brought out a pretty varied scene of music.

The divisions were severe then but I think that was needed so they could flourish and grow. These days there's a lot more cross over and I think that's great.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The 60s and 70s were big eras for rock music, especially. They should be included in the poll. That said, I'll always vote 90s, because it was the best era. :)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I was born in '89, so grew up with 90s music but my parents listened to a lot of 70/80s music, so that influenced the music I listened to quite a bit. I loved Motown music quite a lot.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm still a kid, so it's hard for me to say. So far I like 2000s music (metal) the best, but this is only the fourth year of this decade, and it could change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon