Okay, we have all seen them- the guy so misreable with his phone he tries to mug a guy to take it... has dropped it in the toilet and forgot to clean it... his girlfriend is going to "HUNT YOU DOWN" (all in caps) because he didn't get her from the hospital...

All of these are of course for the T-Mobile "JUMP" promotion to get you on their network and willing to sign up for the service that lets you upgrade your phone every six months.

My favorite one is the one in which you hear the phone ringing, and the camera pans on several bloody band-aids all over a table, counter, ect. It focuses on the poor guy, petrified as he picks up his phone which has a broken screen, and he has to cut himself over and over to answer the phone. Just great, amusing stuff....

Until it happens to you.

Coming home from work, I had just answer a text, was carrying my winter gloves and hat, and had my L900 resting on them. I walk in my house, and my Pooches descend on me, all happy to have me home because that means belly rubs and walks. My wifes Standard Poodle - who is six months old, all energy, clutzy, and already the biggest animal in the house, jumped on me, hit my arm, and......

Smack. Straght down- screen first- on hardwood floors.

Crack.

Now, we are due for upgrades. I am not buying a screen replacement, sending it for repairs, or getting another device when in a couple or three weeks we are getting a new set of toys. I refuse to go back to the Titan 2 which had too many problems or my other emergency phone, my old Palm Pre Plus which just can't load up websites anymore and has no support at all. Everything on my wonderful Lumia still works. The tough old tank hasn't even slowed down. But the screen is just cracked. Bad.

I am now "that guy". I have a broken screen, and there is a spot in the middle on left side that is actually sharp.

I am in need of some first aid products to survive this without cutting arteries.

Stoopid Poodle.
    12-04-2013 12:54 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that your dog hastened your need to upgrade.

What device are you getting in 2-3 weeks?
    snowmutt likes this.
    12-04-2013 12:59 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that your dog hastened your need to upgrade.

What device are you getting in 2-3 weeks?
    well I heard he's a Samsung fan. So I guess a Samsung Ativ S Neo. besides he gets a 520 free
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    12-04-2013 01:15 AM
    Nah, no way I get the Neo. I loved my Focus S, and was excited when the first ATIV S was announced. I really was willing to give Samsung first dibs on my cash seeing how much I enjoyed that experince. But, then Samsung didn't release the ATIV S stateside, didn't show any real dedication to WP, and didn't even bother getting 7.8 out to it's WP7 devices like it promised. I love the classy look of the Neo, but it is not in the running.

I am all in on Nokia, and it is hard not to be. We are up in the air about carriers, so it is a Verizon VS. AT&T debate right now.

Most likely, we stay on AT&T with our grandfathered plan. If so, I am probably going to get the 1520. It is really a larger then I like device, but the advantages far out number the size factor. I just wish it was closer to 5". I may look at the L925, but I just can't see choosing anything that doesn't have a hi-def screen now that I have seen WP on one. Just amazing looking.

However, there are a couple advantages for my wife's business that may make a move to Verizon make sense, despite the higher cost. If so, I am waiting on the L929 and will be a day one owner of it. It is the perfect device for me. If we have to move and it hasn't come out yet, I will buy a second hand Trophy for next to nothing and wait.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2013 01:59 AM