LOL! That should tell the person they are texting way too much!

A new disorder is plaguing teenagers: Sleep texting | Star Tribune
    Laura Knotek, Rem97 and BIGPADDY like this.
    12-05-2013 10:38 AM
    Guilty. No joke I wake up in the mornings like "what the hell, I didn't text this!" or "what did I even type??". It's pretty funny!
    Laura Knotek and palandri like this.
    12-05-2013 10:42 AM
    I'm curious if the sleep texts make any sense at all, or if they are just a bunch of gibberish like drunk texts.
    palandri and xandros9 like this.
    12-05-2013 10:54 AM
    I have an idea how to avoid doing this. It's called, turn the damn thing off and keep it out of your room!

Unfortunately, teens and 20 somethings won't understand that. They think every minute of their lives is important.

I saw a show where they were talking about sleep deprivation in young people due to this issue.They had a teen on there and they found out it was the phone causing them issues but still wanted to keep it on all night regardless of the ill side effects of poor sleep.

In a lot of ways I'm glad I didn't have this issue with mobile phones when growing up.
    12-05-2013 11:07 AM
    I'm curious if the sleep texts make any sense at all, or if they are just a bunch of gibberish like drunk texts.
    My sleep texts sometimes make sense. Most of the time though its like I see what I was trying to say, but I executed it very poorly. Very similar to drunk texting. lol
    Laura Knotek and palandri like this.
    12-05-2013 11:07 AM
    I have an idea how to avoid doing this. It's called, turn the damn thing off and keep it out of your room!

Unfortunately, teens and 20 somethings won't understand that. They think every minute of their lives is important.

I saw a show where they were talking about sleep deprivation in young people due to this issue.They had a teen on there and they found out it was the phone causing them issues but still wanted to keep it on all night regardless of the ill side effects of poor sleep.

In a lot of ways I'm glad I didn't have this issue with mobile phones when growing up.
    Well my phone is my alarm clock but I also keep it on for emergencies. I have a sleeping disorder so I don't sleep often already (this is before I even got a cell phone). What basically happens to me, I don't fall asleep easily, I can't just close my eyes at the end of the day and sleep, it takes hours for me to fall asleep if I even do. There are some nights I just lay there. When I am "asleep" though I do not reach full REM like ever. So my mind is still active and it basically functions as a light nap, which is probably why I am able to respond to texts. Don't get me wrong, this is not from my phone, ive had this probably well before I had a smartphone. I use my phone and tablet as a way to pass time until I am able to fall asleep. Very hard to explain, but I've done dozens of studies at different hospitals and they all say the same thing.
    12-05-2013 11:13 AM
    Very hard to explain, but I've done dozens of studies at different hospitals and they all say the same thing.
    I haven't been personally involved in any tests myself but I was with someone who did. On top of that I've seen many shows and read a few articles on sleep. Most common factor in poor sleep is that people don't let themselves turn off from the world prior to sleep, poor routine. Second is having stimlants prior to sleep. Third is bed and pillow combination.

I have a bit of sleeping issue but it's mostly due to sinus problems and pain. Both of which I'm working on fixing.
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-05-2013 11:21 AM
    I haven't been personally involved in any tests myself but I was with someone who did. On top of that I've seen many shows and read a few articles on sleep. Most common factor in poor sleep is that people don't let themselves turn off from the world prior to sleep, poor routine. Second is having stimlants prior to sleep. Third is bed and pillow combination.

I have a bit of sleeping issue but it's mostly due to sinus problems and pain. Both of which I'm working on fixing.
    I believe mine is a combination of sinus, eating late (which I can't help because I school and work from 7am to 10pm so I have to eat at some point), and staring at screens all day (like I said school and work 7am to 10pm). When I was younger and first started having issues, it was because I was in my programming phase where I would spend every day of every week trying to self teach myself how to program (like 14yo at the time so it took much longer lol) but now its something I can't really do anything about. Now I need to apply for medicinal! ;D lol
    palandri likes this.
    12-05-2013 11:26 AM
    I believe mine is a combination of sinus, eating late (which I can't help because I school and work from 7am to 10pm so I have to eat at some point), and staring at screens all day (like I said school and work 7am to 10pm). When I was younger and first started having issues, it was because I was in my programming phase where I would spend every day of every week trying to self teach myself how to program (like 14yo at the time so it took much longer lol) but now its something I can't really do anything about. Now I need to apply for medicinal! ;D lol
    Your signature is tricking me you trickster!
    berty6294 and palandri like this.
    12-05-2013 11:30 AM
    Your signature is tricking me you trickster!
    Lmao me too! I keep going "YAYY!! d'oh! I'm a *******!"
    palandri likes this.
    12-05-2013 11:33 AM
    Lol, this is reason why my gf fought with me... Thanks for sharing, officially im proved that its not my fault..its disorder.. $_$

Sent from Tapatalk Lumia 625 GDR3
    palandri likes this.
    12-05-2013 11:44 AM
    Lmao me too! I keep going "YAYY!! d'oh! I'm a *******!"
    Me too. SoB...

I changed my password today. Thought someone had hacked my account.
    palandri likes this.
    12-05-2013 03:34 PM
    "In a lot of ways I'm glad I didn't have this issue with mobile phones when growing up."

Yea, I only had booze and women to worry about. Funny, I still have those same issues.
    N_LaRUE and palandri like this.
    12-05-2013 03:35 PM
    "In a lot of ways I'm glad I didn't have this issue with mobile phones when growing up."

Yea, I only had booze and women to worry about. Funny, I still have those same issues.
    A lack of both?

Just kidding, hah.
    palandri likes this.
    12-05-2013 03:51 PM
    A lack of both?

Just kidding, hah.
    Lol. Precisely..
    palandri likes this.
    12-06-2013 06:51 AM