200,000 People Apply To Live On Mars

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Are people really this willing to die, just to get a Wikipedia page?

Die? They'll be known as the ultimate space pioneers. Space: the final frontier. The adventures of the Mars pioneers. Its continuing mission: to explore this strange new world, to seek out new life and possible an old civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Die? They'll be known as the ultimate space pioneers. Space: the final frontier. The adventures of the Mars pioneers. Its continuing mission: to explore this strange new world, to seek out new life and possible an old civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

I'm thinking on a practical level, though. I mean, you go to a place where you can't come back from. The flight's a lot longer than from Chicago to Karachi, and when you get there, there are no massage therapists on hand to work out the kinks. You'll do what? Look at all the pretty red rocks? And then run out of food or oxygen. Myself, I'd hope for the oxygen shortage first. That death wouldn't take long, where starving to death would really be a drag. Sure, in between landing and dying you might find time to write a blog post or two, maybe even make corrections to your own Wiki page. But you're not going to be around to enjoy any of the fame or wealth that could have come from your trip to the red planet......

Yeah, I'm way too practical for that. :wink:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you'd be the first to be invaded too :p

Pluto??? Who would invade Pluto?

A ton of really smart people want to kick it out of our solar system just because it's orbit is a little strange. An alien invasion would just pass by out of sympathy....

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Mars would have like a McDonads, KFC or Burger King?

And how would you pay the people of Mars with earth money, will they have tax, will it be too expensive to go for a week vacation???

These are the questions that need answering!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Pluto??? Who would invade Pluto?

A ton of really smart people want to kick it out of our solar system just because it's orbit is a little strange. An alien invasion would just pass by out of sympathy....

That's what they want you to think..that false sense of security. Then BAM! Pluto becomes their initial outpost for the greater invasion. C'mon man, they've been planning this long time. Maybe I've said too much :eck:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Lots of comments on the article about wanting to send politicians to Mars... Lol
The stereotypical Filipino politician is fat, is rich, and will do anything for power. They also have Pork Barrels (the Public Development Assistance Fund, or PDAF, is (un)lovingly called the pork barrel.)
Fat is useful in case you run out of food, which is unlikely. Since they do have the Pork Barrel.
Money and power are also valuable fuel sources. Especially since you need to make it back alive to become a Filipino politician once more.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
25?C feels cold.

It's hovering right around 23?C right now. That combined with my current lack of sleep is a recipe for disaster.

Which means I won't survive on Mars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)