The TV show no longer on that you miss the most is...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Got into this converstation about a week ago, and all I can wonder is what show someone will bring up that I had forgotten all about. I saw a "Six Million Dollar Man" episode about a month ago, and it reminded me how much I was all in on Steve Austin as a kid (The bionic one, the Stone Cold one wasn't around quite yet.)

I miss:

"Heroes". Okay, I missed Heroes after the first season, as it went downhill in a hurry. But that first season was one of the best times I have had as an adult watching escapism TV.

"Simon & Simon". LOVED that show- can't even find it on reruns.

"Barney Miller". Just amusing, and still holds up.

"Lost". Sigh.... Moment of silence please. Pure Awesome on film.

"Jericho". It only lasted 2 seasons, but I dare anyone to start watching it and not leave wanting more.

"Eureka". Sy-Fy's best, back when they were still Sci-Fi.

What do ya'll miss?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Married with Children.
Al Bundy quotations :)

? I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare. ?

? Let me tell you something about sharing: don't do it. Nothing good ever comes of sharing. Your mother and I shared a bed and nothing good came out of it. ?

? If God had wanted women to bowl, he would have put their breasts on their backs so we would have something to watch while waiting our turn. ?

Woman's shoe seller, chairman of NO MA'AM association, owner of a rusty Dodge; whose best life achievement is scoring four touchdowns in a single game in High-School. Haha I love it!!!!!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Snowmutt, you aren't that far from me, you get Me TV out of Chicago correct? They have a lot of old shows on Me TV.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Snowmutt, you aren't that far from me, you get Me TV out of Chicago correct? They have a lot of old shows on Me TV.

Yep- ME TV is on the area tube. A LOT of old shows on there. But so far they are 60's-70's selections.

Love the M*A*S*H reruns and the Mary Tyler Moore show. Fun stuff!!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Married with Children.
Al Bundy quotations :)

“ I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare. ”

“ Let me tell you something about sharing: don't do it. Nothing good ever comes of sharing. Your mother and I shared a bed and nothing good came out of it. ”

“ If God had wanted women to bowl, he would have put their breasts on their backs so we would have something to watch while waiting our turn. ”

Woman's shoe seller, chairman of NO MA'AM association, owner of a rusty Dodge; whose best life achievement is scoring four touchdowns in a single game in High-School. Haha I love it!!!!!

Al Bundy..... what a man. :cool:

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Who's that riding in the sun?
Who's the man with the itchy gun?
Who's the man who kills for fun?
Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad, Psychoooooooooo Daaaaaaad!!!!!!!

Haha

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree with Eureka, Jericho, and LOST.

I also miss Gilligan's Island, Firefly and Space: Above and Beyond

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I liked the first two seasons of Lost. After that it just got worse and worse and worse.

I love Firefly. Deadwood on HBO was also excellent. Cancelled way too soon, in my opinion. And a year ago I would have put Arrested Development on this list, but they are now in production again! :)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Modern shows it would be the Wire. Shows from my youth it would be Man from Uncle. I'm a little surprised that no one has tried a reboot of that.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah yeah I liked Lost as well. Also watched that on Netflix ;) It did get weirder and weirder as it went on, but I found myself invested in the characters.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ah yeah I liked Lost as well. Also watched that on Netflix ;) It did get weirder and weirder as it went on, but I found myself invested in the characters.

The time traveling gimmick and the "twist" at the end did strain the imagination, but even it's worst seasons were interesting and left you talking.

trust me- anyone who hasn't seen it and might give it a shot: I gave away nothing. That show was so all over the place .....

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I really miss any of my favourite shows. I don't like how some American shows drag on even after they are out of proper stories which causes the show to go out with a whimper. For example I loved House but it's last season or two was just getting silly especially with the cast changes and odd plots.

With that said...

I would have probably liked one more season of Arrested Development during it's original run (it didn't have the same magic in the new season that came out on Netflix).

I got into Star Trek TNG around the last couple of seasons so I wished that had continued on a little longer especially considering how the show was getting stronger towards the end.

I liked the first two seasons of Lost. After that it just got worse and worse and worse.

I would say the first season of Lost was one of the best shows I have seen. Second season started off good but then the show went downhill fast. You could tell the writers were just winging it, introducing new mysteries to keep the audience watching while not bothering to finish up previous plot lines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999