10-14-2015 05:11 PM
2,972 ... 6970717273 ...
tools
    I need some help. I am on T-Mobile USA. I really want the Nokia icon but would be ok with 1520. But prefer 5 inch OR little bigger screen. Anyone have much succes with icon on tmobile or hear of any new high end phones coming in next couple months I can wait. Just haven't read any new high end stuff coming and have read mixed stuff on icon on T-Mobile and seems like 1520 works better then icon on tmobile. Just so confused. But would love a larger screen and I like the way icon looks. Thoughts. Suggestions. You guys rock.
    Wrong thread but I sent you a PM.
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-29-2014 01:19 AM
    I need some help. I am on T-Mobile USA. I really want the Nokia icon but would be ok with 1520. But prefer 5 inch OR little bigger screen. Anyone have much succes with icon on tmobile or hear of any new high end phones coming in next couple months I can wait. Just haven't read any new high end stuff coming and have read mixed stuff on icon on T-Mobile and seems like 1520 works better then icon on tmobile. Just so confused. But would love a larger screen and I like the way icon looks. Thoughts. Suggestions. You guys rock.
    This might be the wrong thread for your question.
    But if you want high-end devices with 5" screens you should take a look at the Lumia 930.

Cyan for 810 was available, hard to find these days though :-)
    Plain donuts please...
    Fatboy charging pillow or DT-900 charging plate?
    Fatboy charging pillow.

One portable HDD with less storage -or- some thumbdrives with the same amount of storage?
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-29-2014 01:24 AM
    One portable HDD
    Speaking of portable HDD:
    Toshiba or Western Digital?
    04-29-2014 01:28 AM
    I am taking Western Digital. Toshiba is kinda hit or miss on a lot of their products.

Do you use a regular alarm clock, or set the alarm on your smartphone?
    04-29-2014 01:42 AM
    Alarm on the smartphone :-)
    BodyGlove or Incipio for phone cases?
    04-29-2014 02:01 AM
    Alarm on the smartphone :-)
    BodyGlove or Incipio for phone cases?
    Incipio.
    Does BodyGlove even offer cases for WP devices?

int. HDD + docking station + ext. case (for better speed, obviously) -or- just a regular ext. HDD (less complicated)?
    04-29-2014 06:24 AM
    Body Glove does make cases for WP, I have one for my 810 and just got another one. See picture below:

wp_20140429_004.jpg

Regular external HDD it is much less hassle....

Case for tablet:
    Smart Cover or Regular Cover?
    04-29-2014 10:39 AM
    Ha! I didn't know that. Only found one for all the iPhones and some Samsung Galaxies.

Depends on the daily use. More typing -> smart cover. Just some browing -> regular cover.

Real life Pokemon (including the dangers) -or- teleporting with projectile vomiting as a side-effect?
    04-29-2014 10:48 AM
    Not sure projectile vomiting would be worth the ability to teleport, so I'll go with door number one please, real life Pokemon (with all of the dangers).

Anime con or comic con?
    04-30-2014 11:23 PM
    I'll go with anime con. Only been once to a comic/anime fair in my city and it was plain aweful: 12yo anime fans bashing other anime/manga-series and yelling that comics are for gay people, shady shop owners with overprized goods......very classy -_- Maybe I'll visit the AniNight this year, from the pictures I've seen it looks much more niveau (my city's anime con).

You are hiking on a beautiful day but all of a sudden you not only get lost in a forest but the weather changes too and you find yourself in the middle of a thunder storm with heavy rain. You're cold and nervous and trying to find a way out of the forest. Suddenly, a few meters in front of you, the path forks and you can see two signposts: one says "Dr. Finster High Security Asylum" (where the patients started a riot and murdered the entire staff, some of the lunatics have disappeared), the other one says "Farmer Horton's Slaughterhouse" (you know, the one where this cannibal the police never caught ate his victims).
    Which way do you take to find shelter?

Shut down Asylum -or- abandonned slaughterhouse?
    05-01-2014 03:32 AM
    Eh, I'd go with the slaughterhouse. At least there's just ONE insane person, albeit a cannibal. And there's the chance I could pick up a blade or two for protection.
    Nice question!

What would be better/worse? Pretty much knowing 99% of each day will be the same routine OR having everyday different and never knowing what you're going to do or what to expect (good and bad)?
    05-01-2014 08:26 AM
    Eh, I'd go with the slaughterhouse. At least there's just ONE insane person, albeit a cannibal. And there's the chance I could pick up a blade or two for protection.
    Nice question!

What would be better/worse? Pretty much knowing 99% of each day will be the same routine OR having everyday different and never knowing what you're going to do or what to expect (good and bad)?
    I wouldn't underestimate a cannibal like Dr. Lecter :-P He might be more dangerous than a bunch of crazy guys^^

Right now I would be fine with a highly predictable day. Plus, if you are familiar with this routine you can spice it up yourself in a positive way. It may not be as exciting as a 'you never know what will happen next'-scenario but you'll have more power of avoiding the negative situations in a routine or at least prepare yourself for them. The 'you never know what will happen next'-scenario might be fun sometimes but on a day-to-day base I'd choose the routine. but I'm not completely ruling out the other one.

Worse scenario:
    Hiccups for eternity -or- having a tinnitus until the end of your life?
    05-01-2014 12:00 PM
    Worse scenario:
    Hiccups for eternity -or- having a tinnitus until the end of your life?
    ... all go with tinnitus.... relatively lesser of afflictions

hey, hey, my my.... Is it better to burn-out or fade away??
    05-01-2014 11:00 PM
    Burn-out... Tires can be replaced. ;)

Have a tooth pulled or be on the receiving end of a swift kick to the "family jewels"?
    raycpl likes this.
    05-01-2014 11:40 PM
    Receiving end of nut cracker. It lacks the whole "dentist experience" (waiting room, funny smell, laying down on the chair of nightmares, funny taste afterwards and maybe even a numb cheek with which you feel like you drool).

Being at home and having the urge to go out -or- being out with friends and wishing you stayed home?
    05-02-2014 10:08 AM
    The latter. Coffee or tea?
    I'm also wondering how the name family jewels came about
    05-02-2014 10:13 AM
    I like both but tea offers more variations for me (can't drink coffee with milk, lactose...).
    Right now I'm drowning myself with berry-flavored tea and cold apple-elderberry tea :-P

Themed movie marathon:
    Sagas (like Star Wars, LotR, Alien,...) -or- non-related single movies with the same theme (like a certain director or 'mafia')?

And here you go -> Where did the phrase 'family jewels' originate?
    Last edited by QwarkDreams; 05-02-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    05-02-2014 11:01 AM
    non-related single movies with the same theme... ie Ridley Scott (Blade Runner, Black Hawk Down, etc....).. cos those sagas tends to end up in embarrassment

However, whats the best saga??? Godfather or LOTR??
    (I'm twisting the thread a bit... what else would you choose?)
    05-02-2014 11:55 PM
    I have to admit, I've never seen The Godfather but I heard that only the first part is good.
    LotR....well, it's an impressive movie, but definately not my favorite fantasy movie (great Scott, how I have those Hobbitses and Elves).
    So I go with The Godfather.

I'd also choose Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Kill Bill, Indiana Jones 1-3, Dirty Harry.

Eggs:
    Fried -or- scrambled -or- Omelette -or- boiled -or [insert way of preparation]?
    05-03-2014 02:31 AM
    boiled.
    Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson?
    05-03-2014 05:28 AM
    Ali. Bugs bunny or Daffy duck
    05-03-2014 05:32 AM
    Bugs bunny

Hairs
    Black or blonde or red
    05-03-2014 06:08 AM
    Brown. Terrier or beagle?
    05-03-2014 06:58 AM