What do you call your phone?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree with good ol' Steve Ballmer that people don't want a device called "Nokia Lumia 1020 running Windows Phone 8", as I expect a lot of us do.

I have a yellow 1520 which obviously catches a lot of attention, but I usually call it a "Nokia Lumia phone". I usually don't put the 1520 on the end because I still see a lot of commercials for the 1020 and I think a lot of ##20 would confuse people. I also thought about calling it a Windows Phone, but also decided against that. Not because I think Windows Phone is a bad name, but most people that I talk to during the day know what a Windows Phone is (though that may vary per person). Plus, if I had an HTC One, and someone asked me, I wouldn't say "oh, its an android" because I'm pretty sure people know what an android is.

So that got me thinking... What do you all call your phones?

SANDEEP NAIR1

May 22, 2013
Visit site
"MY PRECIOUS" :D
i tell people i have a WINDOWS PHONE.. that differentiates me from ppl who use big android phones
when someone says... "Oooo.. yellow phone".. i tell them its a LUMIA.
To people who know about windows phones i dont need to tell them anything..

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
when someone ask the first answer comes out my mind " its windows phone " i don't know it sound a lot better than saying Lumia 720, Lumia brand isn't catchy enough to keep saying it

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone goes by the same name as Jules Winnfield's wallet in Pulp Fiction.

"It’s the one that says Bad M***** F*****.”

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
"Tank Phone"

"Mr. Envy-Maker"

"Point S. Koolness"

"Electronic Brain"

"Sleek N. Sexxy" (Yes, it needs both "X"s to be spelled right.)

Actually, I just tell people it is a "Nokia" or a "Windows Phone" depending who is asking. But, I am always scrolling tiles as I tell them so they get the visual with the name.

I hope when MS completes the purchase of Nokia, they sell these under the "Lumia" brand and not "Microsoft" name. "Lumia" is just better sounding and keeps the connection to the brand Nokia built.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac