Confused !

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been confused for a while now and I have been eyeing 3 mobile devices for a while 1st: xperia SL 2nd: Motorola Moto X (32 GB) 3rd: Lumia 920 and I also gave the 925 a thought but I am in dire need of storage so 16 GB isn't enough what do you suggest and why ?

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I would recommend the Nokia Lumia 920. The 920 gives you built in wireless charging, an optically stabilized PureView camera with ZEIZZ optics, vivid color options, a PureMotion HD+ and ClearBlack display, and the reliable operating system that is Windows Phone 8! Being you are on a Windows Phone forum, many people will suggest that for you. However, what type of things do you use your phone for? Are you integrated in many Google services?

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I would recommend the Nokia Lumia 920. The 920 gives you built in wireless charging, an optically stabilized PureView camera with ZEIZZ optics, vivid color options, a PureMotion HD+ and ClearBlack display, and the reliable operating system that is Windows Phone 8! Being you are on a Windows Phone forum, many people will suggest that for you. However, what type of things do you use your phone for? Are you integrated in many Google services?

Actually i don't use google apps at all only Gmail that's it I think Il go with the 920 and stick with WP

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really like the Moto X. It has a large screen in a small package and it is fairly smooth. The 920 has a better camera, but the Moto X has terrific hands free voice commands.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually i don't use google apps at all only Gmail that's it I think Il go with the 920 and stick with WP

If Gmail is the only Google service you use, then a WP will be fine. You say "stick with WP." Do you already have one? Since 2 of the 3 phones you mentioned are Android, I'm assuming you're not stuck on a platform. I don't have any experience with the Xperia SL, but my wife has a Moto X and I have a Lumia 920 (2nd device, not my daily driver). The Moto X is faster, smoother, and every bit as stable, if not more. It's also much more capable. The voice control is wonderful!

The 920 has wireless charging, which is nice. The Moto X doesn't have wireless charging, but it has excellent battery life. My wife gets up to 7 hours screen on time between charges.

The 920 is now a year old, and therefore cheap to buy off contract if you get a used device. Earlier this week I picked up a mint condition red AT&T version for $125. New ones are around $325 to $350. If you're thinking Moto X, you can get a 32GB for $399 if you can get a Today Show promo code.

Both devices & OS's have their advantages & disadvantages. Take your OS preference and budget into consideration, and go from there. You're well set no matter which of the 3 devices you choose!

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
If Gmail is the only Google service you use, then a WP will be fine. You say "stick with WP." Do you already have one? Since 2 of the 3 phones you mentioned are Android, I'm assuming you're not stuck on a platform. I don't have any experience with the Xperia SL, but my wife has a Moto X and I have a Lumia 920 (2nd device, not my daily driver). The Moto X is faster, smoother, and every bit as stable, if not more. It's also much more capable. The voice control is wonderful!

The 920 has wireless charging, which is nice. The Moto X doesn't have wireless charging, but it has excellent battery life. My wife gets up to 7 hours screen on time between charges.

The 920 is now a year old, and therefore cheap to buy off contract if you get a used device. Earlier this week I picked up a mint condition red AT&T version for $125. New ones are around $325 to $350. If you're thinking Moto X, you can get a 32GB for $399 if you can get a Today Show promo code.

Both devices & OS's have their advantages & disadvantages. Take your OS preference and budget into consideration, and go from there. You're well set no matter which of the 3 devices you choose!

Thanks and yes I actually have two Windows Phones which I love (520,620) but I just thought that I might get a good experience using a Moto X (because a lot of people are praising it)but then I feel like I will not have a smooth one like in WP because my experiences with an S3 and xperia sola and an HTC Chacha were just awful the S3 reached a point where it laged even when opening the lock screen but you are telling me that the Moto X is fluid and nice not like my earlier android experiences
thanks anyway Il give it some hard thinking and go for the one I like the most

Last edited:

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Moto X. It has a large screen in a small package and it is fairly smooth. The 920 has a better camera, but the Moto X has terrific hands free voice commands.
for me camera is a crucial factor in deciding which one and for voice commands in 8.1 cortana will be like siri sooo 920 wins but what I am afraid of is battery life so il think about it

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
for me camera is a crucial factor in deciding which one and for voice commands in 8.1 cortana will be like siri sooo 920 wins but what I am afraid of is battery life so il think about it

If a good camera is important the 920 is better. From what I read on various forums the Moto X should have better battery life.

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I find the 920s camera far too soft and its noise removal algorithms too aggressive.

If I were you, id go for the 820. Same specs, undersung camera (no IOS but I think it preforms nicely), and the option to take the back off and install more memory or swap out the battery. Probably be even cheaper still. Just remember the screen is 800x480p

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
One thing I forgot to say about the Moto X, the camera isn't very good. If you're the average smartphone user who snaps a pic and posts it on Instagram it's probably good enough, but if it needs to replace your camera you'll find it lacking.

Take any previous Android experiences and throw them out. Android's poor reputation was well deserved, but since Jelly Bean it's no longer valid. You will not be sacrificing anything as far as performance, speed, smoothness, and stability. If you had issues before, you will be checking the Moto X to make sure you're actually using an Android!

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I find the 920s camera far too soft and its noise removal algorithms too aggressive.

If I were you, id go for the 820. Same specs, undersung camera (no IOS but I think it preforms nicely), and the option to take the back off and install more memory or swap out the battery. Probably be even cheaper still. Just remember the screen is 800x480p
yes but I think 8GB vs 32GB for apps and games is kind of a deal breaker I know that with the 820 I have unlimited photos videos and songs (SD 64GB) but I have only 5GB for apps while as for the 920 I can keep my photos and videos and songs either on my laptop or my Lumia 520
and the battery won't die for at least a year and even if it did earlier I will still be under warranty so a small amount of money to have it replaced
while as for the camera my mother has a 820 I definitely love the camera but compared to a 920 I couldn't see a clear winner

Last edited:

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
One thing I forgot to say about the Moto X, the camera isn't very good. If you're the average smartphone user who snaps a pic and posts it on Instagram it's probably good enough, but if it needs to replace your camera you'll find it lacking.

Take any previous Android experiences and throw them out. Android's poor reputation was well deserved, but since Jelly Bean it's no longer valid. You will not be sacrificing anything as far as performance, speed, smoothness, and stability. If you had issues before, you will be checking the Moto X to make sure you're actually using an Android!

you know my sola was jelly bean and it was crap (just saying) if I would buy android again I will be stupid to buy even middleware phones its flagship or go home, but google is now trying to fix this problem by offering the likes of the Nexus 5 for a cheap price which is a clever move but I know that WP low end phones (520) is as smooth as high end ones (8-X,920) its only app limitations and when you think about it its is because of the hardware the only two missing features between 520 and 920 is galnce(hardware issues) & city lens (no compass) that's it then there is the actual hardware (internal memory-Ram-Carl Zeiss lenses-screen resolution) which in order to have you need to pay but the core experience is the same can you say this about the HTC ChaCha and the HTC one for example ?? I guess not
But I still think google is trying to lure people who lost faith in android back with devices like Moto X and Nexus 5 which is great

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire