Android + WP = Bomb

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering whether or not I am the only one wanting a phone that could run both WP and Android. From what I can remember there were rumors of HTC release a phone with this ability. However, until now it did not see the light of the day.

I am indeed a WP fan, but I would switch every now and then between them due to apps, or just boredom.

I'm curious about the likelihood of this and also if it is going to take ~5GB of storage to hold both OSes or not!

Anyone willing to enlighten me?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I doubt you'll ever see it from a phone manufacturer. Over at XDA I have seen people who have hacked their phones to dual and/or triple boot their LinuxOS phones. One guy could boot Android, Firefox and Ubuntu.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much no chance of this, especially considering how few people would buy a hybrid device. And the people who do would inevitably want to share data between the two systems...

I saw a story of a dual boot tablet at CES though.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
And of course, the carriers' worst fears is one of these phones being purchased by an average user who has enough trouble with one OS on their phone and having the complexity of bootloaders before the OS loads, and then of course, two separate OSs could be a tech support disaster.

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
If they made it possible for the tablet/laptop, I don't see why it cannot be possible for phones as well.
The phone could ask you everytime you boot it up what OS are you going to use. And customers aren't that dumb (not to know what dual boot is...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss