41 Reasons why NOT to date a photographer.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
LOL. I found myself getting angry at a couple once when all they did on their "date" was Instagram their food :|

Oh, and did I mention that one used the 1020's FFC to take photos of her food?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can totally relate to #1.

Once I was walking down the street with a group of friends. I spotted a building that looked cool. My friends couldn't figure out why I got down on the sidewalk in a prone position, like a soldier firing a rifle. My friends thought I was weird when I said I wanted to take a shot of the building and remove the obstructions of the power lines via shooting from that angle.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can totally relate to #1.

Once I was walking down the street with a group of friends. I spotted a building that looked cool. My friends couldn't figure out why I got down on the sidewalk in a prone position, like a soldier firing a rifle. My friends thought I was weird when I said I wanted to take a shot of the building and remove the obstructions of the power lines via shooting from that angle.

Been there.... But my wife doesn't look at me like I've lost my mind. :grin:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Another thing nobody I knew could figure out was why I'd blow through an entire roll of film taking pictures of the same subject with only subtle differences in each shot (exposure, depth-of-field, filters). Explaining that most of that stuff either couldn't be done in the darkroom or was more difficult to do in the darkroom made no sense to them.

Bringing out the tripod and cable release also was a source of plenty of laughs.

The article is also correct in that I haven't gotten around to scanning the majority of my old prints, much less anyone else's prints.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Another thing nobody I knew could figure out was why I'd blow through an entire roll of film taking pictures of the same subject with only subtle differences in each shot (exposure, depth-of-field, filters). Explaining that most of that stuff either couldn't be done in the darkroom or was more difficult to do in the darkroom made no sense to them.

Bringing out the tripod and cable release also was a source of plenty of laughs.

The article is also correct in that I haven't gotten around to scanning the majority of my old prints, much less anyone else's prints.
Yeah, I've gotten some good looks walking through the zoo with my tripod over my shoulder, camera mounted with 100-400L. LOL

That's like buying a nice designer house and then only using the bathroom :p
But using the bathroom is VERY important!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon