Outlook.com - What do you think of it?

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I switched to outlook.com for my primary email for the Win8 / Xbox ecosystem and I gotta say the more I use it and play around with the more impressed I am. I love how I can use it on one device and pretty much instantaneously it's in the sent/deleted/etc. folder on the other devices (I know because it's web based but still). All the options and email filters and customizations are awesome. Anyone else like or dislike it?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I like it a lot but it doesn't have the option to mark items as spam. I like that advertisements from google are not in the inbox as new mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I like Outlook just fine. I think it is a very useful/user friendly email.

I may be alone, but I kinda miss the appeal of the Hotmail layout though. Just prefered it's more colorful look and thought it had more personality.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It's fine it addresses all my needs and I'm happy with it. On the other hand I also use Gmail but for some reason it always seems to be way too complicated to use.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I like it a lot but it doesn't have the option to mark items as spam. I like that advertisements from google are not in the inbox as new mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can select the email and then up top, there is an option to declare the email as junk. This should mark the sender as a spammer and send further emails straight to the junk folder. You can also elect to mark the email as a Phishing Scam or tell Outlook.com that the email is from a friend who has been hacked.

techsilver13

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree that Gmail is way to hard to navigate if you use and or are use to yahoo, outlook, or any other NORMAL layout for mail. What was google thinking?

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like it, especially since it supports EAS in both Windows Phone and in Outlook 2013 (the desktop client). I don't use web-based email.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I like outlook.com too, particularly the way it's organized. I feel I can go through my mail more efficiently the way things are sorted. Then again I didn't really organize my mail much before :p I find though my email accounts don't sync properly with my phone. Like actions I do on my phone don't sync to PC and vice versa, but actions I do in the desktop mail app and on the web sync just fine with each other. I haven't really had time to figure out why though.

slap0rama

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Gmail to outlook last year and outlook is better in my opinion. I still use my Gmail too as a work email (applying for jobs etc.) because I have a bunch of business cards printed with the Gmail on them. I think Outlook is a great email service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb