I switched to outlook.com for my primary email for the Win8 / Xbox ecosystem and I gotta say the more I use it and play around with the more impressed I am. I love how I can use it on one device and pretty much instantaneously it's in the sent/deleted/etc. folder on the other devices (I know because it's web based but still). All the options and email filters and customizations are awesome. Anyone else like or dislike it?
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-16-2014 02:57 PM
    I like it a lot but it doesn't have the option to mark items as spam. I like that advertisements from google are not in the inbox as new mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-16-2014 03:29 PM
    I like Outlook just fine. I think it is a very useful/user friendly email.

I may be alone, but I kinda miss the appeal of the Hotmail layout though. Just prefered it's more colorful look and thought it had more personality.
    01-16-2014 09:20 PM
    It's fine it addresses all my needs and I'm happy with it. On the other hand I also use Gmail but for some reason it always seems to be way too complicated to use.
    01-16-2014 09:23 PM
    I like it a lot but it doesn't have the option to mark items as spam. I like that advertisements from google are not in the inbox as new mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can select the email and then up top, there is an option to declare the email as junk. This should mark the sender as a spammer and send further emails straight to the junk folder. You can also elect to mark the email as a Phishing Scam or tell Outlook.com that the email is from a friend who has been hacked.
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-16-2014 09:34 PM
    I agree that Gmail is way to hard to navigate if you use and or are use to yahoo, outlook, or any other NORMAL layout for mail. What was google thinking?

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    01-16-2014 11:38 PM
    I like it, especially since it supports EAS in both Windows Phone and in Outlook 2013 (the desktop client). I don't use web-based email.
    jmshub likes this.
    01-16-2014 11:40 PM
    I like outlook.com too, particularly the way it's organized. I feel I can go through my mail more efficiently the way things are sorted. Then again I didn't really organize my mail much before :P I find though my email accounts don't sync properly with my phone. Like actions I do on my phone don't sync to PC and vice versa, but actions I do in the desktop mail app and on the web sync just fine with each other. I haven't really had time to figure out why though.
    01-17-2014 06:29 AM
    I like it a great deal.
    01-17-2014 06:53 AM
    I switched from Gmail to outlook last year and outlook is better in my opinion. I still use my Gmail too as a work email (applying for jobs etc.) because I have a bunch of business cards printed with the Gmail on them. I think Outlook is a great email service.
    01-17-2014 07:00 AM