...... or 1970's Kung-Fu movies. In case you haven't heard or are not a fan of the show, the series has gotten leveled by criticisms for their portrayal of Asians in the latest episode:

'How I Met Your Mother' creators apologize over kung fu controversy - MSN TV News

The episode of this final season centered around one of the characters having a "dream training series" for preparing to pay off the last of a "slap bet" from about 5 seasons ago where one character won the right to slap another character 5 times anytime he wants.

Yep, sounds serious, huh?

The whole episode was a homage to the tacky, over-the-top Kung-Fu movies in the mid-to-late 1970's.

And people went nuts because they dressed up in the dream as Fu-Manchu type characters as this character "trains" for the last slap.

Now, as a disclaimer: If you are Asian and were offended, I will shut up and apologize. Much like schools using Indian Mascots, if Native Americans are offended, I will listen and support your preference.

But... to everyone else:

REALLY??? HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THIS SHOW??

It is a harmless show that has made fun of everyone over it's 9 year run. Mostly it rags on itself, but everyone else as well.

Have you ever seen a 1970's Kung-Fu movie?? Those things are ASKING to be made fun of.

Anyways, the series creators have gone out of their way to say they are sorry and hopefully allow this show's last season to run it's course with good humor and without any other problems. I am not really offended by people being offended, I just do not understand.

Venting over....
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-17-2014 05:14 PM
    I thought it had something of a Kill Bill-touch and was very entertaining :D
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-17-2014 09:15 PM