Choice between WP, iOS and Android (lumia720, iPhone 4, HTC OneS)

midori.no

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody!

I do not know, if this is the right place for such topic but I hope you will help me.

I want to buy a phone (used one) but I cannot decide which one is the best choice - Nokia Lumia 720, HTC OneS or iPhone 4.
Let me make clear for what I use my phone: Facebook+Chat( the most important), calls, TXTs, a lot of Music(local, Spotify, DI.fm, Soundcloud),camera (very important), browsing on the internet, checking mails, WhatsApp, Viber and that is as a whole.

And here is what I like/dislike about every one of these phones:
Nokia Lumia 720:
+Great build quality and design
+Expandable memory
+Good camera
+ Nokia Apps and Navigation
-Average Display (low resolution)
? Windows Phone - I do not know how well is developed the platform compared to the other two, is it stable.What is the quality of the most used apps which I mentioned above. And I do not know how long the device will be supported by Microsoft.

iPhone 4:
+Great build quality and design
+Great 5MPx shooter
+Rich app ecosystem
+ Very Good display
-iOS 7 seems to be little bit laggy and the device will not receive any further software support

HTC OneS:

+Great build quality
+Very good 8MPx shooter
+ Rich app ecosystem, but it's quality is not as good as the Apple's one
+Good display
+Possibility to install the newest android after rooting
- Android is full of bugs and ugly

I have to point out that i really love Windows Phone, but I am not sure is it the best choice in this case.
I would be very grateful, If you help me with the choice.

Thank You!

p.s.: I am sorry for my bad English, I am not native speaker.

Last edited:

meet0007

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Chose between WP, iOS and Android (lumia720, iPhone 4, HTC OneS)

You should go for 720.
Great device. music app like Nokia music, for camera too many lenses, very use full in chat especially for FB.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Asking this in a windows phone forum will almost certainly give you the universal answer: go with the WP device. Of this was an iOS board, they'd tell you to go with the iPhone just as an android forum would tell you to go with an android device

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Htc one s is an old model right.. Have you tried using wp and comfortable with it?. IPhone 4 has outdated specs, almost like 3gs so 4s would be better deal if you have it. With your use case, i would go for htc one s. But 720 might edge it because of superior camera and nil lag and you'll get windows 8.1 support. Choice is yours

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Htc one s is an old model right.. Have you tried using wp and comfortable with it?. IPhone 4 has outdated specs, almost like 3gs so 4s would be better deal if you have it. With your use case, i would go for htc one s. But 720 might edge it because of superior camera and nil lag and you'll get windows 8.1 support. Choice is yours

Agreed. If you can get a iPhone 4S then it is an equal toss up with a 720. You will get support longer with the 720. The next iOS will render the 4S to be very slow.

Jack Larson1

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Can't tell you much but this: my mom had an iPhone 4 for years, supported her well, but by this time, its old enough I would bother getting a newer phone, apple stopped supporting the 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs