The article doesn't cite Windows Phone at all, so at this point, I would only say that this is possible, not that it is actually happening on Windows Phone. I do have a hard time seeing how it could happen without the express participation of the developers, though.
    NSA spying through Angry Birds, Google Maps, leaked documents reportedly reveal | Fox News
    01-27-2014 03:22 PM
    With Angry Birds?? Are you serious? How. Am I thinking the same thing as yours when heard Angry Birds?? No its okay that by Google maps, its not a weird. But angry birds:facepalm

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Jack Larson1 likes this.
    01-28-2014 03:49 AM
    Yeah.... Well, more than a year ago there was a story that there was some spying with Angry Birds on iOS and Android, but that never mentioned Windows Phone, just as it doesn't now. I have to wonder if you can access things like location services on those platforms without telling the user? On Windows Phone if you try to access Location Services without it being in the manifest, you throw an exception. If you put it in the manifest, then it will be listed in the store listing and the user will be informed on install (though many just click-through). Angry Birds Star Wars, for example, does not list Location Services. It only lists Xbox, data services and phone identity. I do wonder, though, why phone identity? I would think that in order to track Xbox achievements you'd need Xbox that I would expect to include the user's identity. Often, ad networks require phone identity so they can track what ads have been seen by a phone, but Angry Birds uses no ad networks. They are apparently tracking something, but it can't be location.

Angry Birds | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    01-28-2014 08:58 AM
    No doubt big brother watches us all. Hope he likes my booty collection on my phone. ;)

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30
    01-28-2014 10:27 AM
    01-29-2014 05:55 AM
    No doubt big brother watches us all. Hope he likes my booty collection on my phone. ;)

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30
    I guess it isn't so bad to work in the NSA x)
    01-29-2014 09:25 AM