Make the switch!

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you still stuck on windows XP, or Windows Vista? What is stopping you from making the switch to Windows 8? I made the switch don't be afraid. Tell us what is holding you back?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know this too! I think it's because people don't like change, and still, a LOT of corporations use XP still. They could at least switch to W7, if they don't like metro...

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree but it is time for Windows users to let go. We have been spoiled, honestly. As a user I have never before prior to Windows 8 been so involved on the OS. Everything was done for me. But Windows 8 brought me forth to a new frontier. And the Desk Top is still there for me to retreat when ever I get overwhelm with the new technology. I enjoy Windows 8 it is a mixture of tomorrow and yesterday.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am still just really happy with my Lenovo Windows 7 Laptop. It handles every chore and task smooth, and while I have helped several friends and my son get hooked up with W8, I just see no need to make the jump yet.

I like Windows 8 just fine. Also like Windows 7 just fine.

Promise I won't buy a Chrome book or Mac.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree but it is time for Windows users to let go. We have been spoiled, honestly. As a user I have never before prior to Windows 8 been so involved on the OS. Everything was done for me. But Windows 8 brought me forth to a new frontier. And the Desk Top is still there for me to retreat when ever I get overwhelm with the new technology. I enjoy Windows 8 it is a mixture of tomorrow and yesterday.

I'm like you. I like the new interface and some of the apps available. The metro stuff has really streamlined emails, social media and media consumption for me. But I also have access to my desktop applications and games like Office, Photoshop and Steam. Truth be told though, if I didn't get a Win8 laptop for study and I didn't get free access to Win8 licenses as part of my course, I probably wouldn't have bothered upgrading. I was happy with Win7 and my mum only used the family PC for skype, so I didn't feel it was necessary to pay for a Win8 upgrade solely for that. Having said that, all PC's in the house are running Win8 and I'm pretty happy so far.

Promise I won't buy a Chrome book or Mac.

Same here :D

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Pretty good thread actually.
This may be somewhat out of place however.

I myself like 8 and also use W7 ultimate.
Switching to 8 would not impact me negatively what-so-ever.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your response. What about the riding the wave analogy? I spent a good 9 years on Windows Vista and these years were well spent. But I skipped the entire evolution of Windows 7. Why should I make the switch? Vista was regularly updated. My Sisters and my Brothers total of 4 people are still using Windows XP since the year 2000. I am the first of the family to switch to Windows 8. Everyone else; friends and family are comfortable with XP, Vista or Win7 and literally afraid to make the switch to Windows 8. This is hurting MSFT on the market shares standards. Just my 2 cents. I feel that everyone who is a Windows user should make the switch and ride the wave of change like Android and iOS users do. This will help MSFT with market shares. What do you say. What are your thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720