About to Leave My Windows Phone

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I've used many Windows Phones such as the Samsung Focus Flash, HTC Titan II, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC 8X, Nokia Lumia 920, and Nokia Lumia 925. I'm on T-Mobile and my JUMP is ready to upgrade tomorrow but since their are no new Windows Phones, I'm leaning towards getting a 5S. Right now I have the Lumia 925. I also have a BlackBerry Z30 and love it as it reminds me of webOS and it is a great OS, even better now that you can put Android apps on it. Is annoying me that I have an unlocked one and still haven't gotten the most recent update and the phone doesn't have gorilla glass so it scratches easily. I don't really want to leave Windows Phone but the temptation is there. I'm really a Windows ****** as I own a Surface 2 and a Windows 8.1 Acer ultrabook. I definitely wouldn't buy an Android as I hate Google, have nothing against Apple though. So next time I could get a WP is the first of August.

What do you guys think? What should I do?

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you could use a change of scenery, if only to appreciate WP more when coming back to it. I wouldn't suggest going for an Apple at the moment as their product cycles again in September and the current state of the iphone is poor to say the least, wait it out til august/september for the new iphone. For now, stick with a blackberry or a wp. Entirely your choice though. I personally like the BB Q10, but blackberry is in a poor state at the moment...

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you could use a change of scenery, if only to appreciate WP more when coming back to it. I wouldn't suggest going for an Apple at the moment as their product cycles again in September and the current state of the iphone is poor to say the least, wait it out til august/september for the new iphone. For now, stick with a blackberry or a wp. Entirely your choice though. I personally like the BB Q10, but blackberry is in a poor state at the moment...

Well the thing is I'm paying $10 a month for JUMP, and not using it seems like a waste if you're not going to upgrade when it's up. Your probably right that'd I'd appreciate WP more if I went to iOS for a little bit.

I agree that BlackBerry is but their new CEO seems that their could be a turn around for the company moving the low-end devices to Foxconn. I'd only have to wait about 3 months assuming WP 8.1 comes early May.

I just can't go to Android. I refuse to use Google services, the only one I do use is YouTube for obvious reasons.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, JUMP and enjoy. iOS is a tad dull, not even the appeal of an Android UI. But it is a smooth and seamless OS, so I do not think it is that much of a step down. If you feel you must play around, then go ahead and grab a 5S.

August is most likely a good time to get a new WP 8.1. It will be announced in April/May, but if we see devices by the end of June I would be impressed. Then it is only 2 months before your nex JUMP cycle. Sounds like near perfect timing.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Buy iPhone 5s and wait ;). As said I do not believe there will be any WP8.1 phones o T-Mobile before summer so your contract expires at almost perfert time ;). + iPhone keeps price quite well so you will be able to sell it for good money in summer ;).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99