Facebook's New "Paper" App Right Up WP Alley

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
While most people don't like to admit it, Facebook is accessed by the vast majority of users of smart phones on at least a daily basis. Yesterday, Facebook introduced their new "Paper" app that will be released on iOS on Monday 2/3 and, frankly, it looks fantastic. A combination of Flipbook meets a much earlier incarnation of Google Plus on iOS, the new styling is modern and smooth and, from what I'm reading from reviewers, much better than the current Facebook app.

The part that gets me is that this product looks as though it was meant to be on Windows phone. Gone are button pushes and a never ending vertical scroll, replaced by scrolling and swiping. Exactly what WP is all about. I know MS and WP do not have the following that Apple and iOS do, so it seems obvious that iOS and even Android get it first. But it proves yet again that the concept of WP was ahead of its time, with the implementation lacking.

If you haven't seen it yet, you can check out the review and accompanying video here: With Paper, Facebook just blew its own iPhone app out of the water | The Verge

As a Facebook user on WP, I'd be ecstatic to use such a fluid interface.

What do you think?

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you but it will be better if they focus on improving the Facebook app and add the features from other platforms like chat heads, real time chat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs