Creating a Smart Home! Ideas, Tips, and General Discussion

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I know there are a lot of DIYers here on the forums and I would like to get some ideas from everybody, and hopefully share some of my own ideas, on creating a smart home (or in my case smart bedroom)!

What I would eventually like to do, is build myself a computer (or modify one of my existing) to control everything in my bedroom. For now I would like my lights and audio from my many sources (TV,360,One,Computers,BluetoothDevices) all to be run through a single PC that I would like to eventually control from my phone or a remote (wireless or wired).

I would love some feedback. If anybody has ideas on how to get started, anybody want to just throw out comments on how they have done some of these things, anybody want to ask questions on how to make their home smart, anybody think I should include another task to control, PLEASE comment!

This thread is really just to spark some creative discussion on how to do these kind of things.

What do you guys think?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You could put in a Windows Home Server and have NAS box for back up as well to make it really smart home or a network!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire