So when did USAToday.com become so Metro??

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It looks rather nice and if you click "the big picture" link, you get a stylishly Flipboard-ish page turn and its all very TOUCH friendly. Something I think WPCentral.com could use quite a bit more of. (I told you before Flipboard is setting the standard in content delivery presentation) But check it out in Internet Explorer. It's impressive and very Metro.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It looks rather nice and if you click "the big picture" link, you get a stylishly Flipboard-ish page turn and its all very TOUCH friendly. Something I think WPCentral.com could use quite a bit more of. (I told you before Flipboard is setting the standard in content delivery presentation) But check it out in Internet Explorer. It's impressive and very Metro.

You know, I never thought about it before that usatoday.com is Metro-like. Interestingly enough, when it switched to that scheme, I quit using it because I don't like it. Unlike you, I find it clunky in the browser. Usatoday.com used to be my go-to news site. The Flipboard app, however, I use all time.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You know, I never thought about it before that usatoday.com is Metro-like. Interestingly enough, when it switched to that scheme, I quit using it because I don't like it. Unlike you, I find it clunky in the browser. Usatoday.com used to be my go-to news site. The Flipboard app, however, I use all time.
Not at all clunky on my laptop or desktop but they are pretty substantial rigs. What OS are you running and what browser?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Not at all clunky on my laptop or desktop but they are pretty substantial rigs. What OS are you running and what browser?

No I didn't mean clunky in that it's slow. The site runs fine. I have an HP dv6 laptop with Windows 8.1, i3, and 8GB of RAM. I use Chrome most of the time, IE11 every once in a blue moon. While I think the site is beautiful, I find it less efficient. But that's exactly how I feel about WP vs. iOS/Android. Beautiful, but less efficient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb