Sorry I don't know

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When I read through Amazons customer Q&A on items I'm considering people will answer with the 'ole sorry "I don't know"

Even if a question is answered accurately by another user\consumer I often see "I don't know" posted after an answer.
What causes this anomaly in the human brain that compels humans to answer with zero information?

1. Could the keyboard be like a drug that makes people answer involuntarily?
  2. Are the "i-d-o-n-t-k-w" keys placed on the qwerty keyboard in such a way that the fingers fall accidentally on them in the correct order?
  3. Is "I don't know" a fluid poetic series of words that must be typed in order to bond the internet together?
  4. Was "I don't know" preprogrammed into our fiber by ancient alien engineers that may have created humankind?
  5. Could "I don't know" be kind of a soft boot for the brain mass that helps clear all neural connections?
  6. Is "I don't know" a small yet desperate shout out to say "Hey there I exist!"

Hmmmm ...
I'll be damned I guess because:
"Sorry I don't know!"

Rant over for today.
My heads pounding again.
:evil:

Posted for fun ... good evening all!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen to you in all categories or only certain ones? Are you the person asking the questions, or are you reading answers to other persons' questions?

I haven't experienced this myself. However, I've never asked any questions on Amazon. I've just read other Q&As.

Most of what I buy on Amazon is tech-related, so I typically don't rely on Amazon customers' comments anyway. If I'm looking for customer feedback on tech products, I tend to look at the comments on Newegg.com.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Should be obvious: pre-natal bacon deficiency ��

Lawl x2
This has got to be it :smile:

Does this happen to you in all categories or only certain ones? I you the person asking the questions, or are you reading answers to other persons' questions?

I haven't experienced this myself. However, I've never asked any questions on Amazon. I've just read other Q&As.

Most of what I buy on Amazon is tech-related, so I typically don't rely on Amazon customers' comments anyway. If I'm looking for customer feedback on tech products, I tend to look at the comments on Newegg.com.

Mmmm ...
Just ranting in general.
For me I seldom rely on reviews as far as buying.
I just read for fun and often just smile and shake me head.
The I don't knows are posted often for many folks asking questions.

I agree NEWEGG reviews are much better as far as tech stuff.
Amazon seems to have a less geeky following of consumers.

Still amazes me that many askers seem to rely on others experiences which often results in very inaccurate replies.
I find it curious that people refuse to go directly to a manufacturers website to gain info.
I've seen some out and out lies relayed about Nokia\Windows phones when it's all available right from Microsoft's or Nokia's websites.

Ah well boils down to asker beware take the internet with a grain of salt.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Whew!
I recently asked the question:
What will be the date of my death?
I was so relieved to hear this answer:
Sorry I don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads