This is a strange place to talk about our thing but hey, it's in the off-topic lounge! SNSD stans where are you?
    02-18-2014 08:18 AM
    What is SONE?
    02-18-2014 10:07 AM
    Screw SM.

Wazzup we 2NE1!!! YG Family, Blackjacks, VIPs FTW!
    02-20-2014 09:26 PM
    What is SONE?
    LOL ok.
    02-21-2014 08:43 AM
    LOL ok.
    You know, you could've just provided an explanation instead of "lol".
    Live2Deliver and snowmutt like this.
    02-21-2014 03:36 PM
    You know, you could've just provided an explanation instead of "lol".
    I'm already tired of fanwars on Twitter and I don't want to bring them here so I just replied with me most polite "lol" 😊
    02-21-2014 05:57 PM
    what sone
    Apparently the author of this thread won't explain because it will start a fan war...
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-22-2014 04:05 AM
    Why do I have a feeling it has very little to do with the unit of measurement for loudness:

Sone | Define Sone at Dictionary.com

Since I have no clue either, and apparently it is illegal to describe it, I will put out my own thoughts:

1) It means Survey Only Naval Enlisted. It is when you want to know the cheapest way to get buzzed, so you go directly to the source: U.S. Navy non-commisioned personnal. They are both underpaid and bored, leaving them as the best resource to find cheap liquor.

2) A secondary meaning: Superfluous Online Non-Oratory. This is just a fancy acronym for an online thread that no one actually knows what it is about unless you are a Flame War Instigator Twitter Enthusist. (FWITE)

Makes me glad I have never, EVER been on Twitter....
    Live2Deliver and rain620 like this.
    02-22-2014 04:37 AM
    Its a Korean-pop thing.
    SONE is the name of the fans to a 9-member girl group So Nyeo Shi Dae (English: Girl's Generation)

Almost every korean groups has a name for their fan-groups. The attacks between some of the big ones is almost identical to iOS vs Android vs WP. Still, it is not uncommon to refer yourself as 'belonging' to several groups.

Myself i regard myself as a Blackjack of 2NE1. The fanwars between Blackjacks and SONEs are sometimes regarded as the fiercest among due to the very different music style and concept approach of their management companies, YG Entertainment (manages PSY too) and SM Entertainment respectively - two of the 'BIG THREE' in the Korean music entertainment industry.

Hope my explanation helps with some understanding of Korean pop culture. Enjoy!

Last edited by Live2Deliver; 02-22-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    QwarkDreams and snowmutt like this.
    02-22-2014 12:14 PM
    Why do I have a feeling it has very little to do with the unit of measurement for loudness:

Since I have no clue either, and apparently it is illegal to describe it, I will put out my own thoughts:

1) It means Survey Only Naval Enlisted. It is when you want to know the cheapest way to get buzzed, so you go directly to the source: U.S. Navy non-commisioned personnal. They are both underpaid and bored, leaving them as the best resource to find cheap liquor.

2) A secondary meaning: Superfluous Online Non-Oratory. This is just a fancy acronym for an online thread that no one actually knows what it is about unless you are a Flame War Instigator Twitter Enthusist. (FWITE)

Lol it has nothing to do with the navy or any other acronym. It's the fandom of SNSD, a South Korean act.
    snowmutt likes this.
    02-22-2014 06:44 PM

Lol it has nothing to do with the navy or any other acronym. It's the fandom of SNSD, a South Korean act.
    02-22-2014 06:44 PM