Any SONE here?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Why do I have a feeling it has very little to do with the unit of measurement for loudness:

Sone | Define Sone at Dictionary.com

Since I have no clue either, and apparently it is illegal to describe it, I will put out my own thoughts:

1) It means Survey Only Naval Enlisted. It is when you want to know the cheapest way to get buzzed, so you go directly to the source: U.S. Navy non-commisioned personnal. They are both underpaid and bored, leaving them as the best resource to find cheap liquor.

2) A secondary meaning: Superfluous Online Non-Oratory. This is just a fancy acronym for an online thread that no one actually knows what it is about unless you are a Flame War Instigator Twitter Enthusist. (FWITE)

Makes me glad I have never, EVER been on Twitter....

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Its a Korean-pop thing.
SONE is the name of the fans to a 9-member girl group So Nyeo Shi Dae (English: Girl's Generation)

Almost every korean groups has a name for their fan-groups. The attacks between some of the big ones is almost identical to iOS vs Android vs WP. Still, it is not uncommon to refer yourself as 'belonging' to several groups.

Myself i regard myself as a Blackjack of 2NE1. The fanwars between Blackjacks and SONEs are sometimes regarded as the fiercest among due to the very different music style and concept approach of their management companies, YG Entertainment (manages PSY too) and SM Entertainment respectively - two of the 'BIG THREE' in the Korean music entertainment industry.

Hope my explanation helps with some understanding of Korean pop culture. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Ho1y-4mXIL0

Last edited:

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Why do I have a feeling it has very little to do with the unit of measurement for loudness:

Since I have no clue either, and apparently it is illegal to describe it, I will put out my own thoughts:

1) It means Survey Only Naval Enlisted. It is when you want to know the cheapest way to get buzzed, so you go directly to the source: U.S. Navy non-commisioned personnal. They are both underpaid and bored, leaving them as the best resource to find cheap liquor.

2) A secondary meaning: Superfluous Online Non-Oratory. This is just a fancy acronym for an online thread that no one actually knows what it is about unless you are a Flame War Instigator Twitter Enthusist. (FWITE)

Lol it has nothing to do with the navy or any other acronym. It's the fandom of SNSD, a South Korean act. :smile:

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Lol it has nothing to do with the navy or any other acronym. It's the fandom of SNSD, a South Korean act. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon