What is you favorite programing language?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For WebPages I like html, Java, java script, PHP and CSS. For database I like SQL. But for operating systems I like C, C#, and I must admit I am in love with C++.

What is you favorite programming language?

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
C# all the way.
most of what I do are line of business web apps with html/JavaScript on the client, SQL on the back end, and c# as the go between AJAX and api layer.

I have used PHP, cold fusion, vb, c++, ASP and Java. I still find c# to be one of the most versatile and having about the best performance I have seen with a managed framework language.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have experience with ColdFusion and PHP for web markup and I used to program microcontrollers in C. Alas, I don't use any of them enough and always find myself rusty.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
C# all the way.
most of what I do are line of business web apps with html/JavaScript on the client, SQL on the back end, and c# as the go between AJAX and api layer.

I have used PHP, cold fusion, vb, c++, ASP and Java. I still find c# to be one of the most versatile and having about the best performance I have seen with a managed framework language.

Yes AJAX is excellent. I perceive that you have good taste.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have experience with ColdFusion and PHP for web markup and I used to program microcontrollers in C. Alas, I don't use any of them enough and always find myself rusty.

I haven't experimented with ColdFusion as of yet. But I'll give it a try. How do you like it. And what is its strength?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experimented with ColdFusion as of yet. But I'll give it a try. How do you like it. And what is its strength?

Its strength is that it is much faster and easier to develop a dynamic website than with PHP. The code is more efficient and cleaner, imo.
The reason its much less popular is the expense. ColdFusion is an Adobe product, and a server license isn't cheap.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Its strength is that it is much faster and easier to develop a dynamic website than with PHP. The code is more efficient and cleaner, imo.
The reason its much less popular is the expense. ColdFusion is an Adobe product, and a server license isn't cheap.

Nice. i. Will look into. Thanks

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I enjoyed learning C in school and use MatLab quite a lot for experimental modeling of lab results and stuff like that. Im in chemical engineering for those who are curious haha. It's fun though

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I enjoyed learning C in school and use MatLab quite a lot for experimental modeling of lab results and stuff like that. Im in chemical engineering for those who are curious haha. It's fun though

C is the foundation of all this computing stuff. Nice. You can't go wrong with C. Good choice. Would you consider ASM?

TozyJay

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Wait, there's something besides JavaScript? :)

Just kidding, I'm a die-hard .NET guy so I'm going to have to go with C# for most situations.

For web design, I love having a JavaScript-heavy frontend making AJAX calls to a .NET Web API on the back end.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
HTML is fun for as little as I've used it. I will be learning Python next term, and C++ if I go for a transfer degree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss