The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-12-2018 10:14 AM
4,175 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Mmmmm....stew with dark beer!

We tried making slow cooked chili some time ago with Guinness Stout.
    Definitely a good add!

The meals and view look absolutely delectable!
    N_LaRUE, palandri and Iki Taba like this.
    04-22-2014 02:36 AM
    Mmmmm....stew with dark beer!

We tried making slow cooked chili some time ago with Guinness Stout.
    Definitely a good add!

The meals and view look absolutely delectable!
    I'll be adding some photos of Ghent (where I was) in the L920 photo and videos thread soon.
    Guytronic, palandri and Iki Taba like this.
    04-22-2014 02:40 AM
    L'omelette parfaite - made with smoked hickory ham, sliced black and green olives with pimentos, yellow banana pepper and red onion.
    Attached Thumbnails perfectomelet.jpg  
    N_LaRUE, Iki Taba and Guytronic like this.
    04-22-2014 07:09 AM
    Now I am really hungry :-) Especially since today morning I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast.
    palandri likes this.
    04-22-2014 10:56 AM
    Lol, I ate many mangos!! Feeling sleepy!
    palandri likes this.
    04-22-2014 10:57 AM
    I'll be adding some photos of Ghent (where I was) in the L920 photo and videos thread soon.
    Anyone interested in the pics they are here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post2491249
    palandri and Guytronic like this.
    04-22-2014 11:01 AM
    Tonight's dinner, soft shell tacos.
    Attached Thumbnails softshelltaco.jpg   img_20140422_165048.jpg  
    Guytronic, Iki Taba and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-22-2014 05:56 PM
    Tonight's dinner, soft shell tacos.
    Yer killin' me.
    Taco's trump pizza...
    palandri and Iki Taba like this.
    04-22-2014 05:59 PM
    My quick dinner for today, pizza mozzarella & provolone.
    20130219_212308.jpg
    04-22-2014 08:43 PM
    I had rice crepes with spicy dry powder chutney :-)

I promise to post lunch pics tomorrow :-)
    palandri and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-22-2014 08:59 PM
    wp_20140423_010.jpg

Hopefully the barbeque will have steak on there shortly.
    palandri and Iki Taba like this.
    04-23-2014 08:09 PM
    wp_20140423_19_30_04_pro.jpg
    wp_20140423_19_35_09_pro.jpg

K we had a little ribsteak with mashers this evening.
    Rib steaks have so much flavor.
    palandri, Iki Taba and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-23-2014 10:16 PM
    Sorry folks no pics today. Lunch was a work related affair and they served pizza :-( Dinner was actually quite good but I spaced out.
    palandri and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-23-2014 10:33 PM
    Sorry folks no pics today. Lunch was a work related affair and they served pizza :-( Dinner was actually quite good but I spaced out.
    Pizza. How nice. We have meetings here and the food is always the same... cold sandwiches and cold everything else (including chicken skewers and other things that are normally hot). I don't quite understand the aversion to hot food at lunch time here... :/
    palandri likes this.
    04-24-2014 04:43 AM
    OK. More food pics.

Lemon Meringue Tart.

aviary_photo_130422065721975712-1-.jpg
    Iki Taba, palandri and Guytronic like this.
    04-24-2014 05:46 AM
    Pizza. How nice. We have meetings here and the food is always the same... cold sandwiches and cold everything else (including chicken skewers and other things that are normally hot). I don't quite understand the aversion to hot food at lunch time here... :/
    Talking about pizza, we have a pizza chain in the states called Pizza Hut. They built a Pizza Hut by us about 5 years ago and we never tried it until last night. What we got was a pizza that looked like it was made about 5 years ago, then put in a freezer uncovered for 5 years and reheated last night for us. Now I don't know if all Pizza Huts are like this, but it was the poorest example of a pizza I have ever seen.
    Iki Taba, N_LaRUE and Guytronic like this.
    04-24-2014 06:18 AM
    Talking about pizza, we have a pizza chain in the states called Pizza Hut. They built a Pizza Hut by us about 5 years ago and we never tried it until last night. What we got was a pizza that looked like it was made about 5 years ago, then put in a freezer uncovered for 5 years and reheated last night for us. Now I don't know if all Pizza Huts are like this, but it was the poorest example of a pizza I have ever seen.
    Actually the Pizza Hut I tried in Germany was also a poor experience. The toppings were without any taste, and we tried a couple of different ones. It was my first time there and probably the last. I made a picture of it but it's not worth posting it.
    So it looks like the quality is low everywhere at Pizza Hut.
    palandri, N_LaRUE and Guytronic like this.
    04-24-2014 06:34 AM
    I've never been a fan of Pizza Hut. I didn't like it in Canada (where I grew up). Even in Australia it's not that great. Neither is Domino's. Domino's isn't too bad here in the UK but it's got expensive. I haven't tried Pizza Hut yet but have no real desire to.

I remember the old commercials for Pizza Hut and their restaurants where then went on about their 'deep pan pizza'. :P I always found it way too greasy for my liking. Gave me indigestion. Give me a wood fired pizza any day or preferably one from Italy. :)
    palandri, Iki Taba and Guytronic like this.
    04-24-2014 07:26 AM
    I've never been a fan of Pizza Hut. I didn't like it in Canada (where I grew up). Even in Australia it's not that great. Neither is Domino's. Domino's isn't too bad here in the UK but it's got expensive. I haven't tried Pizza Hut yet but have no real desire to.

I remember the old commercials for Pizza Hut and their restaurants where then went on about their 'deep pan pizza'. :P I always found it way too greasy for my liking. Gave me indigestion. Give me a wood fired pizza any day or preferably one from Italy. :)
    I don't know how a chain like Pizza Hut survives in Chicago, low price maybe. Then again, we have a few other low priced pizza chains like Papa Johns, Domino's, Jet...that are cheap and actually a few steps above Pizza Hut. We have a few big chains like Pizza Uno and Lou Malnati's that have good pizza and a lot of independent pizza parlors that are outstanding.
    Iki Taba and Guytronic like this.
    04-24-2014 07:56 AM
    I don't know how a chain like Pizza Hut survives in Chicago, low price maybe. Then again, we have a few other low priced pizza chains like Papa Johns, Domino's, Jet...that are cheap and actually a few steps above Pizza Hut. We have a few big chains like Pizza Uno and Lou Malnati's that have good pizza and a lot of independent pizza parlors that are outstanding.
    Pizza Hut almost disappeared from Canada at one point, sort of like Boston Pizza (do you have them in the US?) but they managed to survive. In Australia, Pizza Hut and Domino's battle for lowest cost pizza. Both are pretty bad there though Domino's dominates.

Here in the UK Domino's actually has some level of quality but they got a bit too expensive now. So we've decided to make our own now.
    palandri, Iki Taba and Guytronic like this.
    04-24-2014 08:00 AM
    ... Boston Pizza (do you have them in the US?) ....
    No where around Chicago. I checked their site and the closest Boston Pizza to me is in Windsor, Ontario.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-24-2014 08:21 AM
    No where around Chicago. I checked their site and the closest Boston Pizza to me is in Windsor, Ontario.
    It appears to be a Canadian chain. My closest was St. John's Newfoundland.

Don't worry, you're not missing much.
    04-24-2014 08:44 AM
    We usually get like a taco bar or Italian or a burger bar like setting with drinks and desserts but yesterday was pizza and that too from the cafeteria, which is one food which they don't make very well.
    N_LaRUE and palandri like this.
    04-24-2014 09:17 AM
    I haven't had Pizza Hut food in about 10 years now. Don't really care for their sauce or their crust :-)
    04-24-2014 09:19 AM
    Chicago has some really good pizza joints, my personal favorite is Gino's on the East side - now that is what I call deep dish pizza 🍕
    04-24-2014 09:20 AM
4,175 ... 910111213 ...