I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Must post more eats!!!!

Aviary_Photo_130422063969834462[1].jpg

A simple dish for hors d'eruves. Though not in the pic you can add crackers. It's simply buffalo mozzarella, basil, tomato and salt and pepper with a drizzle of olive oil.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Iki you get my highest rating of:

E=Excellent!
:smile:
Well thank you I'm very honored to receive this price.
//My speech//
I would like to thank my mother, my father,
my significant other, my ............ and so on and on.
//End of speech//
Lol 😉
Honestly glad you like it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Must post more eats!!!!
A simple dish for hors d'eruves. Though not in the pic you can add crackers. It's simply buffalo mozzarella, basil, tomato and salt and pepper with a drizzle of olive oil.

LOL! I just showed your picture to my wife and she said, hey, we do that. My wife and I do the exact same thing from time to time for dinner as our main meal. Take a plain cracker and add prosciutto, brie, chopped olives, a slice of a tomato and a dash of salt and pepper and you're good to go!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
.....Cold water fish is so good!

Talking about seafood, we have friends out east that we visit from time to time and fresh crab cakes is always on the meal list. There's no comparison in taste and texture between fresh crab cakes and frozen crab cakes, so we only have them when we go out east. One of my local grocery stores that has fresh fish, just started carrying fresh crab cakes. They're expensive, but they're worth it. :smile:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
LOL! I just showed your picture to my wife and she said, hey, we do that. My wife and I do the exact same thing from time to time for dinner as our main meal. Take a plain cracker and add prosciutto, brie, chopped olives, a slice of a tomato and a dash of salt and pepper and you're good to go!

I have a suggestion for you.

Wrap asparagus with prosciutto and drizzle some balsamic vinegar bake at medium heat until tender. Enjoy. :) Try not to burn the prosciutto.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a suggestion for you.

Wrap asparagus with prosciutto and drizzle some balsamic vinegar bake at medium heat until tender. Enjoy. :) Try not to burn the prosciutto.

That sounds really good, in fact, I just might try it tonight. :excited:

We normally give asparagus a light coating of olive oil and bake it. Then we make a dipping sauce of 75% mayonnaise & 25% yellow mustard.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That sounds really good, in fact, I just might try it tonight. :excited:

We normally give asparagus a light coating of olive oil and bake it. Then we make a dipping sauce of 75% mayonnaise & 25% yellow mustard.

That sounds good too! We don't do dipping sauces that frequently. Hope you like my alternative! :)

CitrusMocha

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a picture, but my breakfast is a grilled cheese. I butter both sides of the bread before throwing them on the stove and get them golden brown before putting the cheese on and cooking it to personal perfection.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a picture, but my breakfast is a grilled cheese. I butter both sides of the bread before throwing them on the stove and get them golden brown before putting the cheese on and cooking it to personal perfection.

Sounds good. :) I like a good grilled cheese. What kind of cheese? I like trying different types.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Me to but I like tomato in my grilled cheese sandwich.

That's good too! Little bit of salt and pepper as well. :)

We do ham and tomato occasionally. I know you're vegetarian, so I wasn't suggesting it. :p

However, I have to admit to liking the plain old grilled cheese between thick white bread. Totally unhealthy but enjoyable nevertheless.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
That's good too! Little bit of salt and pepper as well. :)

We do ham and tomato occasionally. I know you're vegetarian, so I wasn't suggesting it. :p

However, I have to admit to liking the plain old grilled cheese between thick white bread. Totally unhealthy but enjoyable nevertheless.

I'll put salt, pepper and some dried basil and oregano as well. Occasionally I'll get a plain grilled cheese sandwich as well...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
A good dipping sauce for bread is olive oil, salt, pepper and ground paprika...courtesy of Il Radicchio in Washington D.C.....

Sounds good. :). Ever try duqqa (sometimes spelled dukka)? You can find recipes on the web or if you know a good spice shop they sometimes sell it. Not sure about grocery stores in the US.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of grilled cheese, I love grilled haloumi cheese in a wrap or by itself...

Didn't see this read earlier. Now we're talking! I love me some haloumi! I had an amazing chicken wrap at a Greek restaurant once when I was living in Australia. As you can see I still lust after it!

We do grill it ourselves occasionally. :)

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
From Chef N_LaRUE comments to Chef Palandri's kitchen. I present my Hors d'oeuvr platter for dinner

1. Sesame crackers with brie black olives, ham and tomato
2. Asparagus wrapped with turkey bacon and baked
3. Sesame crackers with brie, baked asparagus and tomato

Attachments

• horsderuves.jpg
    horsderuves.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • horsderuves2.jpg
    horsderuves2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • horsderuves3.jpg
    horsderuves3.jpg