I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Probably. I also make them at home and you can find places here in the UK that serves them... I wonder what level that gets to... :p

It's not like nachos are rocket science or anything. A good bit is just what do you like on them and go for it. I pretty much don't care what's on them as long as they don't skimp on the jalapeno's. I like a jalapeno slice per bite ratio. And a good melted shredded cheese is much better than the velveeta goo. But there are times late at night when just some chips covered with melted velveeta and pepper slices hit the spot just fine.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's not like nachos are rocket science or anything. A good bit is just what do you like on them and go for it. I pretty much don't care what's on them as long as they don't skimp on the jalapeno's. I like a jalapeno slice per bite ratio. And a good melted shredded cheese is much better than the velveeta goo. But there are times late at night when just some chips covered with melted velveeta and pepper slices hit the spot just fine.

I don't mind jalapenos but they're not my favourite chili. I know they're more authentic I suppose, if there is such a thing. Since my wife is allergic to milk and it doesn't do me any favours either we do a homemade guacamole. We also do them veggie using red kidney beans in a hot sauce. :)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind jalapenos but they're not my favourite chili. I know they're more authentic I suppose, if there is such a thing. Since my wife is allergic to milk and it doesn't do me any favours either we do a homemade guacamole. We also do them veggie using red kidney beans in a hot sauce. :)

I've had some very good veggie nachos. I prefer the red beans over the black beans. If not cooked right the black beans can have a funky taste. My wife is a homemade guacamole fan. I can take it or leave it. I like many peppers. Jalapenos taste good and aren't so hot that you can't taste or enjoy the food. There are some places and people that focus on making it so unbearably hot, that there is no way you can taste anything. Ok, so you've proved your macho but what good is eating food you can't enjoy?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had some very good veggie nachos. I prefer the red beans over the black beans. If not cooked right the black beans can have a funky taste. My wife is a homemade guacamole fan. I can take it or leave it. I like many peppers. Jalapenos taste good and aren't so hot that you can't taste or enjoy the food. There are some places and people that focus on making it so unbearably hot, that there is no way you can taste anything. Ok, so you've proved your macho but what good is eating food you can't enjoy?

I love spicy food. :) But I like flavour, not just heat.

I find jalapenos not too spicy, rather mild actually. P

I love avocados and so does the wife. Hence the guacamole. :)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I love spicy food. :) But I like flavour, not just heat.

I find jalapenos not too spicy, rather mild actually. P

I love avocados and so does the wife. Hence the guacamole. :)

Exactly, jalapeno's give it a little extra kick but nothing serious. Habaneros and ghost peppers are on a different level. But then again, growing up in Louisiana, I have a bad habit of putting tabasco on everything so my heat scale is probably skewed. Been using this stuff lately called slap yo mamma. It has a great flavor but really brings the heat. I use it for crawfish boils, gumbo, jambalaya and red beans and rice to name a few.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
80F/26C in Chicago today. Firing up the barbeque for a chicken.

Attachments

• bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 4
  • bbq2.jpg
    bbq2.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 4

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I can almost catch that smoke wafting across the yard from here ... mmmmmmm yes!

The wife just fired up the Q for some Tri-tip!

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
@palandri and @Guytronic
Common guys it's 3am in Europe, it's middle of the night and I'm now hungry. Thanks.
Honestly, great job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb