I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Salad with tofu, tomato, egg, pasta salad, barley salad, corn, cucumber with balsamic dressing. Vegetarian Hungarian Mushroom soup

Attachments

• WP_20140416_002.jpg
    WP_20140416_002.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 2

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Nothing special but I had to post it, and it was delicious.
Watched 2 great soccer games tonight and this was my comfort food to keep me calm.
Donuts.jpg

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Iki I keep staring at the doughnuts!

That pic is driving me nutz! :crying:
I must call on the powers that be to help me resist!!

I absolutely love those (We call them spud dough) choco covered delights.

(The wife just mentioned going over to Belair (grocer here in this area) I'm pretty sure the bakery will have 'em.
If not there's always the chocolate Eclairs .... mmmmmmmmmmmmm ...)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I like the babes too :cool:

You realize the two babes are a poster, correct? :smile:

Buffalo Wild Wings is going to price themselves out of the market. They have always been expensive, but their current pricing is really high. My wife had a $25 gift card for Buffalo Wild Wings, which is why we went there tonight. Their pricing for a large takeout order of wings is $19.99 and the menu says, "at least 20 wings". That a dollar a wing. We actually got 19 wings in our order. At the tavern by us, you get 10 wings for $5.99, then on Sunday wing night, it's $0.50 a wing. Then there's a grocery store deli by us that has a bucket of wings (30 -35 wings) for $10.99.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

(The wife just mentioned going over to Belair (grocer here in this area) I'm pretty sure the bakery will have 'em.

LOL! Those chocolate donuts do look good, but I always resist. My will power always breaks down when I am in France and I see a chocolate croissant.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
You realize the two babes are a poster, correct? :smile:

Lol
Yoop...
...at my age gotta take what I can get

Buffalo Wild Wings is going to price themselves out of the market. They have always been expensive, but their current pricing is really high. My wife had a $25 gift card for Buffalo Wild Wings, which is why we went there tonight. Their pricing for a large takeout order of wings is $19.99 and the menu says, "at least 20 wings". That a dollar a wing. We actually got 19 wings in our order. At the tavern by us, you get 10 wings for $5.99, then on Sunday wing night, it's $0.50 a wing. Then there's a grocery store deli by us that has a bucket of wings (30 -35 wings) for $10.99.

Ouch with prices like those :shocked:
Dunno tho...sometimes great food is worth it.

In another state I used to shop at a local grocer with 2-3 stores in the area.

The place had a great deli section the folks working there gave me their recipes for guacamole, tuna salad etc...
They started selling wings on a self serve hot cart.
To start with they had 4 different seasonings hot-sweet-mild-plain.

After a while they were up to 10 different kinds...yum...yum.
I had to sneak out of work early to get there otherwise the self serve was empty!

I hurried over there one day around 2 o:clock and everything was gone!!...ahhhhhhhhh I cried!
I mean the cart, wings...everything was nowhere to be found.
Asked the guys in the deli what happened?
They said the new store manager put the kabosh on the wings because they weren't a moneymaker.
A sad day for the wing lover I'll tell ya...:cry:

Wish I had taken pics of those wings...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
....Ouch with prices like those :shocked:
Dunno tho...sometimes great food is worth it.

In another state I used to shop at a local grocer with 2-3 stores in the area.

The place had a great deli section the folks working there gave me their recipes for guacamole, tuna salad etc...
They started selling wings on a self serve hot cart.
To start with they had 4 different seasonings hot-sweet-mild-plain.

After a while they were up to 10 different kinds...yum...yum.
I had to sneak out of work early to get there otherwise the self serve was empty!

I hurried over there one day around 2 o:clock and everything was gone!!...ahhhhhhhhh I cried!
I mean the cart, wings...everything was nowhere to be found.
Asked the guys in the deli what happened?
They said the new store manager put the kabosh on the wings because they weren't a moneymaker.
A sad day for the wing lover I'll tell ya...:cry:

Wish I had taken pics of those wings...

If the wings at Buffalo Wild Wings were better than our local tavern or local grocery store deli, the higher price would be justified, but there not. All three place have good wings.

It's funny, several other grocery store delis by us have tried to copy the one grocery store deli by us that started it, and they have all failed. They just don't cook them the same way. You want that hard crust on the outside of the wing, not a soft breaded shell. The one grocery store deli by us that has great wings also has 5 pretty good flavors, plain, honey, teriyaki, hot, and salt & vinegar.

I am starting to think I am a wing connoisseur. :cool:

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mmmmm...yes
Those salt and vinegar ones are a fav!

...part of the reason I take pills and walk a lot now ... :winktongue:

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad you like it, the one with chocolate are my favourite.
May the power be with you. Keep fighting. I must admit I gave up fighting.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I have a whole bunch of food pictures, like I mentioned. I'm going to post them a bit at a time. These will be all homemade cakes and pies.

Persian Love Cake

Aviary_Photo_130422065492850244[1].jpg

Slice of said cake with creme fraiche

Aviary_Photo_130422065203031454[1].jpg

If you're wondering what those are on top, they're pistachios.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So I have a whole bunch of food pictures, like I mentioned. I'm going to post them a bit at a time. These will be all homemade cakes and pies.

Persian Love Cake

Slice of said cake with creme fraiche

If you're wondering what those are on top, they're pistachios.

There's a big taste difference with creme fraiche in the states and creme fraiche in Europe. We call creme fraiche, sour cream in the states and it's quite a bit more sour in the states. Sour cream is commonly used in the states with baked potato and Mexican food.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There's a big taste difference with creme fraiche in the states and creme fraiche in Europe. We call creme fraiche, sour cream in the states and it's quite a bit more sour in the states. Sour cream is commonly used in the states with baked potato and Mexican food.

You're right, sour cream is different than cream fraiche. We can get sour cream here in the UK. I'm also from Canada originally. I've lived in Australia too where sour cream is available. :) Cream fraiche is a good substitute for sour cream but I'm not sure about the other way round.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You are right about that, but I personally prefer the French version. Speaking of creme fraiche, I need to post a pic next time I am at Pitfire Pizza and eating their delicious cr?me fraich? pizza!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You're right, sour cream is different than cream fraiche. We can get sour cream here in the UK. I'm also from Canada originally. I've lived in Australia too where sour cream is available. :) Cream fraiche is a good substitute for sour cream but I'm not sure about the other way round.

You are right about that, but I personally prefer the French version. Speaking of creme fraiche, I need to post a pic next time I am at Pitfire Pizza and eating their delicious cr?me fraich? pizza!

That's interesting. The first time I had cream fraiche in France, I said, that doesn't taste anything like sour cream. :smile:

European food can taste so much different than food from the states. The first time I had a ham and cheese baguette in France I thought, what the heck is this. The baguette was so much different than a hoagie loaf.The ham was dried ham, in the states we're use to processed ham. The cheese was goat cheese, in the states we're use to processed cheese. Common foods in the states are loaded with preservatives and chemicals which effects the the natural taste.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this thread palandri! I have a friend who does this on Facebook and is such a tease. Of course everything is homemade too!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting. The first time I had cream fraiche in France, I said, that doesn't taste anything like sour cream. :smile:

European food can taste so much different than food from the states. The first time I had a ham and cheese baguette in France I thought, what the heck is this. The baguette was so much different than a hoagie loaf.The ham was dried ham, in the states we're use to processed ham. The cheese was goat cheese, in the states we're use to processed cheese. Common foods in the states are loaded with preservatives and chemicals which effects the the natural taste.

There's nothing I like better than going to the local boulangerie in a small town and getting a baguette with ham, cheese and tomato. We went to one in Calais and it was just awesome.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb