I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry folks no pics today. Lunch was a work related affair and they served pizza :-( Dinner was actually quite good but I spaced out.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry folks no pics today. Lunch was a work related affair and they served pizza :-( Dinner was actually quite good but I spaced out.

Pizza. How nice. We have meetings here and the food is always the same... cold sandwiches and cold everything else (including chicken skewers and other things that are normally hot). I don't quite understand the aversion to hot food at lunch time here... :/

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Pizza. How nice. We have meetings here and the food is always the same... cold sandwiches and cold everything else (including chicken skewers and other things that are normally hot). I don't quite understand the aversion to hot food at lunch time here... :/

Talking about pizza, we have a pizza chain in the states called Pizza Hut. They built a Pizza Hut by us about 5 years ago and we never tried it until last night. What we got was a pizza that looked like it was made about 5 years ago, then put in a freezer uncovered for 5 years and reheated last night for us. Now I don't know if all Pizza Huts are like this, but it was the poorest example of a pizza I have ever seen.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Talking about pizza, we have a pizza chain in the states called Pizza Hut. They built a Pizza Hut by us about 5 years ago and we never tried it until last night. What we got was a pizza that looked like it was made about 5 years ago, then put in a freezer uncovered for 5 years and reheated last night for us. Now I don't know if all Pizza Huts are like this, but it was the poorest example of a pizza I have ever seen.

Actually the Pizza Hut I tried in Germany was also a poor experience. The toppings were without any taste, and we tried a couple of different ones. It was my first time there and probably the last. I made a picture of it but it's not worth posting it.
So it looks like the quality is low everywhere at Pizza Hut.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've never been a fan of Pizza Hut. I didn't like it in Canada (where I grew up). Even in Australia it's not that great. Neither is Domino's. Domino's isn't too bad here in the UK but it's got expensive. I haven't tried Pizza Hut yet but have no real desire to.

I remember the old commercials for Pizza Hut and their restaurants where then went on about their 'deep pan pizza'. :p I always found it way too greasy for my liking. Gave me indigestion. Give me a wood fired pizza any day or preferably one from Italy. :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I've never been a fan of Pizza Hut. I didn't like it in Canada (where I grew up). Even in Australia it's not that great. Neither is Domino's. Domino's isn't too bad here in the UK but it's got expensive. I haven't tried Pizza Hut yet but have no real desire to.

I remember the old commercials for Pizza Hut and their restaurants where then went on about their 'deep pan pizza'. :p I always found it way too greasy for my liking. Gave me indigestion. Give me a wood fired pizza any day or preferably one from Italy. :)

I don't know how a chain like Pizza Hut survives in Chicago, low price maybe. Then again, we have a few other low priced pizza chains like Papa Johns, Domino's, Jet...that are cheap and actually a few steps above Pizza Hut. We have a few big chains like Pizza Uno and Lou Malnati's that have good pizza and a lot of independent pizza parlors that are outstanding.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how a chain like Pizza Hut survives in Chicago, low price maybe. Then again, we have a few other low priced pizza chains like Papa Johns, Domino's, Jet...that are cheap and actually a few steps above Pizza Hut. We have a few big chains like Pizza Uno and Lou Malnati's that have good pizza and a lot of independent pizza parlors that are outstanding.

Pizza Hut almost disappeared from Canada at one point, sort of like Boston Pizza (do you have them in the US?) but they managed to survive. In Australia, Pizza Hut and Domino's battle for lowest cost pizza. Both are pretty bad there though Domino's dominates.

Here in the UK Domino's actually has some level of quality but they got a bit too expensive now. So we've decided to make our own now.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We usually get like a taco bar or Italian or a burger bar like setting with drinks and desserts but yesterday was pizza and that too from the cafeteria, which is one food which they don't make very well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I haven't had Pizza Hut food in about 10 years now. Don't really care for their sauce or their crust :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Chicago has some really good pizza joints, my personal favorite is Gino's on the East side - now that is what I call deep dish pizza 🍕

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh and best pizza from a chain and cost is Papa Johns. Thanks to retailmenot I don't pay over $10 for a large thin crust, but then again the pie we make at home is much tastier :)

Last edited:

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140415_15_17_52_Raw.jpg

From our Vacation in Key West. BurgerFi. Texas chili dog with parmesan & herb fries. That fries order was their "regular" size. They also had a Large and Bucket Size. :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb