I Am Hungry! - Post Your Eats!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I've been trying my best to watch that series. There's a couple posted on YouTube. I'm very annoyed because NetFlix is supposed to have it but there's the stupid licensing crap. So I've only seen a couple and I think I may have to look into another way of seeing it... :)

Maybe I can make a slight detour on my road trip to Switzerland and go there. :)

I really hope you get to see the Lyon, France episode. He showed a lot of preparation and cooking methods that I have never seen or heard of before. My wife and I were like, "Are you kidding me? They put it in a pig's bladder to cook?" and " Why did they seal it in cement?".

Something else that really surprised me about Bourdain was his French was really limited to only really simple basic expressions and need an interpreter for everything else. His grandparents immigrated from France and his father worked in France in the summer, as I recall.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I really hope you get to see the Lyon, France episode. He showed a lot of preparation and cooking methods that I have never seen or heard of before. My wife and I were like, "Are you kidding me? They put it in a pig bladder to cook?" and " Why did they seal it in cement?".

Something else that really surprised me about Bourdain was his French was really limited to only really simple basic expressions and need an interpreter for everything else. His grandparents immigrated from France and his father worked in France in the summer, as I recall.

I saw one of his 'Layover' episodes for Paris. He mentioned the fact his French wasn't that great. It's like anything really. If you don't keep it up you lose it eventually. I used to know quite a bit of French but since I don't speak it on a regular basis I've lost a lot of it. Same goes with the Finnish I was learning. :/

The fun of getting older.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean 1\2 salad, that's a half of a portion? Haha you guys in the States are great. In Europe this would be for 2 person. Where is the photo with the bacon burger? 😉

lol...

Yup the full salad is waaaay too much... :shocked:

K here's a burger...
WP_20140428_11_50_35_Pro.jpg

Brought most of it home got a little full today.
Too much coffee this a.m. :winktongue:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Yoop :smile:

Have you tried the salads at Panera Bread.
Absolutely enormous also!
Glad they do the halves too.

Us oldsters can't eat like we used to :winktongue:

Claim Jumper's have the biggest portions for every dish. I think their salad could feed my family for a week:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Lunch was same again - same pizza, same salad, same training!!
Oh well, hopefully I can convince the family to go to a Armenian/Lebanese place tonight for some Grilled Haloumi - I will definitely post pics if we go there:)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Petit d?jeuner aujourd'hui - Hash browns topped with cheddar cheese, Jimmy Dean turkey sausage and a sourdough english muffin

Attachments

• hashbrowns.jpg
    hashbrowns.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Mini veggie burrito for breakfast - one egg, onion, tomato, mushroom, spinach, bell peppers, jalapeno, seasoned potatoes, hash browns, beans and some cheese on a whole wheat tortilla and fresh hot spicy salsa and a cup of coffee.

WP_20140429_005.jpg

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
A Philippine delicacy called Sisig. It's finely chopped pork ears usually served in a sizzling plate, but I bought this from Ministop.

5ynu5epe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention